Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 19-05-2013, 07:13   #31

Re: Isara Catamarans

from what i see on the videos and the pics, the cockpit seems a bit small.... what do you think??
- also, i emaied "isara" asking if they'll be at the Cannes show in september, but still no answer.. does anyone know?
alexxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-05-2013, 10:38   #32

i saw this cat in annapolis, the autumn show last year, incredible! pretty expensive though! i was selling a lagoon 50 then but sadly its a bit out of my league over a million dollars! looked it but.... Shame there was no second hand ones. anyone know if there are any available? thanks
leski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-05-2013, 13:00   #33

Boat: having an Isara 45 cat built

I believe Graham has Hull 1 of the Isara 50 available for sale. We just saw it in a marketing email he sent out a week or two ago. His email address is graham@worldwidecatamarans.com
Hey Alexxx, did they get back to you about the Cannes show? I wonder if the one they just built will be over there. As for your question about the cockpit being small are you referring to the 45 or the 50? I was on the 50 and it seemed fine especially when you factor in the seating at the helm level. The 45 looks okay for cockpit space to me; maybe not as big as the Lagoon 450...not sure. But it has the table with seating for 6+ and the love seat across from it, the grill area, etc.
bryguy67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-05-2013, 14:02   #34

hey bryguy67
- well, what i meant about a cockpit "feeling" a bit smaller it was purely from a photographic perspective. I haven't visited the boat, i saw all the available brochures and videos of it. But i guess finding the right cat must be so personnal when one looks at the design. I recently visited the new Hélia 44 (from Fountaine-P) and the new Lagoon 52, and both gave me that "big open cockpt" feeling. Very nice. (but then Lagoon-52's saloon left me disappointed, and Hélia-44 feels a bit small in the hulls).. Here with the Isara 50 the cockpit feels a bit smaller but it perhaps is in proportion to the rest of the boat, as on the isara 50 the designers seem to have gone to fantastic lengths to offer a bigger than average and beautiful saloon. I need to get on that boat and see it. I corresponded by email recently with one of the directors of Isara Yachts, he answered each of my emails promptly , which is nice, it seems like isara 50 will be at the Annapolis boat show, they're not sure if they'll be able to be at any of the eurpoean boat shows this fall-winter season, but there is a question mark there. They haven't got enough boats produced yet to be able to dispatch them around, but the buzz about their build quality and design seems to be going forward , the result seeming to be that the Isara 45 is being launched very soon, and next after that is the 60-footer i think? I told him in my email about my concerns over the lack of good after-sales customer service out there, and osmosis/blistering problems that recently occurred on cats of one of the top cat makers, here's what he said (i'm sure he won't mind me pasting it):
" I understand exactly what you mean. I started the Isara company some years ago, because I was disappointed by the levels of service and choice in the market and I agree that I often hear bad things about many of the production manufacturers.
I can say from the start that the Isara brand is very different. They are more spacious, better styled both the exterior and the sumptuous interior, and and far better built than the production boats. The materials are far higher quality and the design is better too."
"In summary the yard we use have 40 years of building experience of cruising sailing boats from 37 - 72 feet (the Tayana brand) and they have an excellent reputation as very well built, long lasting cruisers which is why we chose them. In terms of design we use Jean Jacques Coste who has an enviable reputation for multihull design and styling by a super yacht stylist Roel de Groot! In terms of service we have our own dealer network which is growing fast as well as with Tayana's network globally, so when it comes to service and any warranty issues we hope we will be able to cover all eventualities.
Lastly we build semi custom boats which means you choose what you get and it will suit your needs and style, and as such, we enjoy offering a personal level of service throughout the purchase and build process and continue that after commissioning into the future when you are sailing.
With regards to the boats specifically, i could show you the one in annapolis (Isara 50) in the next month or so, if you were able to do that during the next 3-4 weeks it would be possible. If you think thats realistic let me know, or if its too short notice we can look at another time." (and quote)
Old 24-05-2013, 02:03   #35
Marine Service Provider

Quote:
Originally Posted by leski View Post
i saw this cat in annapolis, the autumn show last year, incredible! pretty expensive though! i was selling a lagoon 50 then but sadly its a bit out of my league over a million dollars! looked it but.... Shame there was no second hand ones. anyone know if there are any available? thanks
Hello!
The Isara 50 we had is under offer I believe, but nothing is finalized until money is in the bank!
If you are keen it would be worth sending your full contact details to me via graham@worldwidecatamarans.com
I have only just joined, so I am not 100% sure what I can say on the forum or what links i can add in, but the new 45 in its design is not a lot smaller in usable space on board.
I am sorry it has been difficult to contact us. Kind Regards Graham
wwcatamarans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-05-2013, 02:18   #36
Marine Service Provider

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexxx View Post
from what i see on the videos and the pics, the cockpit seems a bit small.... what do you think??
- also, i emaied "isara" asking if they'll be at the Cannes show in september, but still no answer.. does anyone know?
Hi Alex
Sorry you have not been contacted, we do not yet have a boat ready for Cannes in September.
Hull number two of the Isara 50 is now completed and will be on its way to Florida USA.
Orders for two of the new 45 are just being placed with number three to follow shortly. I am hoping to get one, to one or two of the European Shows for next year.
If you would like some more information let me know.

I am new to this Forum game and not sure what I am allowed to say!?

Kind regards
Graham
Worldwide Catamarans.
Old 24-05-2013, 02:42   #37
Marine Service Provider

With new narrow entry bows, new aft platform on same level as the cockpit and saloon, and bow seating on to the nets, if you thought the 50 was nice the new 45 and 55 models will certainly impress you!
Now being designed by the Masters in their field Jean Jaqcues Coste working with Roel De Groot.
You do not have to have the Hybrid but I can not see why anyone would not want it.
It is not an in line system as many have tried and failed where if one thing goes wrong you are dead in the water. The Isara Yachts system is a parallel arrangement along side conventional diesels. If there is anything wrong with the electrical system the diesels will still get you home with no worries. The benefits are lower fuel consumption, silent running to name but a few.
You do not have to have electric hobs either, a conventional gas system can be fitted if required. If you do not want teak decks, no problem, a non-slip surface is already in the gel-cote.
Space on the new 45 probably will not feel much smaller than the 50 and the stairs are now going to be further inboard. The helm position will be slightly lower but still with good all round viability.
Old 24-05-2013, 15:39   #38

yes, i have been contacted by somebody from your company, (by Cris Jackman) but like you, not sure about autumn show dates..... hopefully tests and review are startig to come soon, and more and more articles in the press. Cris seems to be very proactive in the way he addresses potential clients concerns, like i said me and him exchanged emails twice, an thanks to him i'm might be able to visit one of the isara-50' this year somewhere on the east coast. He also invited me to skype him, so i can ask all the questions i need to ask. I wil do, just very busy schedule at this moment. But i'm very impressed with how much passion and thoroughness this project has been started. I really eed to see this boat for myself......
so far, i love the customer service i have received, and it was only simple initial questions, nothing major. It seems like isara yachts want to totally demark themselves off the shabby after sales custumes service of other major boat makers, and that is very important news coming from a brand new family of builders out there.
Old 25-05-2013, 07:33   #39

Boat: having an Isara 45 cat built

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexxx View Post
hey bryguy67
- well, what i meant about a cockpit "feeling" a bit smaller it was purely from a photographic perspective. I haven't visited the boat, i saw all the available brochures and videos of it. But i guess finding the right cat must be so personnal when one looks at the design. I recently visited the new Hélia 44 (from Fountaine-P) and the new Lagoon 52, and both gave me that "big open cockpt" feeling. Very nice. (but then Lagoon-52's saloon left me disappointed, and Hélia-44 feels a bit small in the hulls
Alexxx,
I have also been on the FP Helia and found the overall boat to feel too small for our needs. But the helm design on the Helia was 90% perfect...loved it. The Isara 45 helm design is similar and will hopefully be 90-99% what we want. All designs have give-n-takes and like you said it's a very personal choice. Your concern seems to be more with the cockpit feeling large. When I look at the Isara 45 drawings it's all in there...seating for 6 around the table plus the couch across from it, the grill/bar area. What I can't "feel" from a drawing is the rest of the 23 feet of beam, but I know those open areas feel big on nearly every cat I've been on. Plus the cockpit is only one area to relax; the bow seating area and the helm area make for 3 outside spaces to escape the wife! (or for her to hide from me)
I started another thread titled "OMG we're about to build an Isara 45!" and I intend to post thoughout the build process to share with others how it goes. I want to share the good, the bad and the ugly including after sale service/warranty. So where do you live?
bryguy67 is offline   Reply With Quote