Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 18-01-2014, 12:31   #1

Boat: 2011 Lagoon 450F
Isara 45

I just wanted to check and see if anyone has heard from Bryguy on how his new build is going on the Isara 45. This is one of the cats on our short list...and we have been hoping that there would be an update..
scarlet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-01-2014, 13:22   #2

Re: isara 45

once it's built, do you know where it will be possible to see it?
alexxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-01-2014, 15:54   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexxx View Post
once it's built, do you know where it will be possible to see it?
no... its being built for personal use... I was hoping he would post some photos...
Old 26-01-2014, 07:48   #4

Boat: having an Isara 45 cat built

I just stumbled on this thread...sorry for the delayed updates
The French design company Coste Design has been working on the I45 for months. For buyers, this part of the build is long and boring because the really nice pretty drawings are the last ones to be done. It's all aquadynamics, engineering, loads, blah blah blah which is rarely shared with buyers. Even so, the hull molds are being tooled at the boat yard now and the first 3 boats will be getting under way. Our boat is hull #3 and it's supposed to be done by late June but we are very realistic about construction; delays are common and expected. Part of our agreement is that we will have our boat in 2 boat shows, so Isara is very motivated to complete the boat for the October show in Annapolis (Miami to follow). Don't mark your calandar though...again, it's construction and so much of it is out of the control of Isara (politics, shipping, supplier issues, etc). The most exciting news is that Isara has announced some amaaaaaazing new features; some of which they are including as STANDARD! I'll check with Isara and see if I can share it publically. If so I'll post it. One feature is unheard of....
bryguy67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-01-2014, 11:27   #5

Bryguy.. I sent you a private email..
Old 03-02-2014, 21:42   #6

Ok, I've got approval to share some new info:

Isara has added some Standard features.

1. Coppercoat anti-fouling (10 year life)

Intelligent Glass
At the flick of a switch A simple ON – OFF mode switches the transparency of the glass from being
clear (transparent) to frosted (translucent). In its frosted state the glass acts as an electronic blind
providing privacy and security for the saloon ‘surround’ windows and the cabin ports.
Giving UV protection and reflection of heat to the boat when frosted as well the security
implications this unique feature also offers the ability to choose individual areas or windows which
gives owners the option of privacy on one side of the saloon for example and keeping the view on
the other!
Bryan's thoughts on this: I believe this is the first time this has been offered on a sailing cat. No more clanking blinds or wadded up curtains. Verrry little power draw (none at all in shaded mode). Super cool!

3. PowerDive System: basically a built-in snuba air compressor with hose and regulator for diving under the boat for maintenance (or lunch ).
They have upgrades available for this system if you want the 2 person version or the portable version.

I got a really nice update today on the progress along with renderings that I can't share yet. Very exciting. Real progress.
Old 03-02-2014, 22:42   #7
Marine Service Provider

Thanks for the update!

Sounds like some awesome! What kind of depth/distance away from the yacht can you achieve with the snuba setup?
Old 05-02-2014, 13:39   #8

oooooo.. that sounds sooo cool!! of course I like the windows.. for practicallity. But the SNUBA COMPRESSOR?!?!?!?!?! sooo cool. My husband and I were a bit disappointed thinking that bringin scuba gear would be too heavy for the boats we are looking at.. but this? it's a great option..
Old 05-02-2014, 18:37   #9

Boat: 11meter Power catamaran

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarlet View Post
oooooo.. that sounds sooo cool!! of course I like the windows.. for practicallity. But the SNUBA COMPRESSOR?!?!?!?!?! sooo cool. My husband and I were a bit disappointed thinking that bringin scuba gear would be too heavy for the boats we are looking at.. but this? it's a great option..
Toys really but useful for boat maintaince. Rarely will you have a good dive site under your anchorage.

If you are a scuba diver with the vessel you are talking about much better off with tanks and a compressor.

Mate of mine picked up a 2nd hand Lagoon 440 with Bauer compressor last year in the med. Most vessels that size will have a genset and a compressor can easily be added.

finally my darling : OUR BOAT
downunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 23:19   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLLCatsailor View Post
Thanks for the update!

Sounds like some awesome! What kind of depth/distance away from the yacht can you achieve with the snuba setup?
about 40'
Old 12-03-2014, 05:20   #11

I can't wait to see the 45 version. Still a bit beyond our budget, but I think those Guy's are going to come up with a few surprises.
The 50 is awesome.
catsrule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2014, 06:37   #12
One of Those

Boat: Catalac 12M (sold)

Don't put too much stock in the rubbish about tanks and compressors. The hookah setups are great for most diving applications. Most of the stuff worth seeing or photographing is shallower than 40 ft. I've been diving with compressed gasses for 51 years. To be able to do it without the hassle of handling and storing and inspecting and transporting SCUBA tanks is really nice. And doing it without the size and weight of a dedicated air compressor on board just to fill tanks is also nice. And the compressor is useless for anything else, really. The ones for filling tanks are big. The hookah compressors are typically pretty small and light by comparison.

If you ever get to some place where you really need to get deeper to see a shipwreck or something like that, someone local will certainly rent you a tank.
Old 12-03-2014, 07:31   #13

Boat: 07 Leopard 40 / 93 Hunter 30T

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canibul View Post
Don't put too much stock in the rubbish about tanks and compressors. The hookah setups are great for most diving applications. Most of the stuff worth seeing or photographing is shallower than 40 ft. I've been diving with compressed gasses for 51 years. To be able to do it without the hassle of handling and storing and inspecting and transporting SCUBA tanks is really nice. And doing it without the size and weight of a dedicated air compressor on board just to fill tanks is also nice. And the compressor is useless for anything else, really. The ones for filling tanks are big. The hookah compressors are typically pretty small and light by comparison.

If you ever get to some place where you really need to get deeper to see a shipwreck or something like that, someone local will certainly rent you a tank.
Digagree. We just removed the hookah and added a Bauer JRII precisely because of the freedom tanks allow. We still keep the hookah for doing underwater projects like putting helix mooring anchors down and bottom cleaning. You are correct that the weight of the hookah setup is less but all the lines we carried were quite bulky taking up about the same space as or 4 tanks and bcs. The OP didnt say if the isra hookah was installed on the boat or if it is a free floating model. The latter would be my preferance or you will be very limmited with what you can do. Two other pita issues the hookah presents are line kinking if you are not carefull about turning around while diving, if theres a current running the float and lines can put on quite a bit of drag. Did i mention if you are diving a hookah with two or more divers its easy to get the lines all tangled up while getting ready to deploy further complicating your dive. Hookahs are loud and the sound projects all the way down to the regulator sometimes scaring away the very fish we are diving to see or eat, tank diving you can be stealthy.
ShaktisBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-03-2014, 05:47   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShaktisBoy View Post
The OP didnt say if the isra hookah was installed on the boat or if it is a free floating model.
As stated in my post above: "They have upgrades available for this system if you want the 2 person version or the portable version."

So it's the built in, one person version that comes standard. Or you can pay extra (for the optional) 2 person built-in or upgrade even more for the floating, portable version.

I really like both of your posts on the Snuba vs. Scuba. You both make excellent points. As a diver I put a lot of thought into that before ordering our boat. In the end, I am having them install the wiring for a future compressor in one of the larger storage areas and will make the final decision after living on the water for some time. That way the installation would be much easier and more economical at the time. If I never install it, so be it; it's there for the next owner. We will be upgrading to the 2 person portable Snuba in the mean time. We both love to snorkel and that will be our first choice any day; followed by either Snuba or Scuba. We've been working on our free diving skills in the mean time. I'm ready to order a Hawaiian sling TODAY and practice with it this Summer (not that I'm excited or anything)
Old 14-03-2014, 17:05   #15

Boat: Antares 44i
Re: Isara 45

Thanks for the thoughtful comments on hookah v scuba. We.'really debating between the two too. We are leaning toward a brownie snuba system however as PADI certified divers we are wanting all the info we can get on comparison before we choose. I hope more voices will join this conversation and offer their experience
EllesBelles is offline   Reply With Quote