Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 14-01-2016, 20:30   #61

Re: Introducing the St. Francis 50 mk II: Wayfinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by abstract.profor View Post
Exactly!

You cannot be so precise and conscious to re-configure a boat where the iPOD should lay, where the USB ports should be, relishing the responses in this thread from Day One. Nay day two, where he was conscious enough to split the thread to appease all. Then suddenly become un-conscious after arriving at port, that those that patted him on his back all throughout, are left hanging here. Surely not?
Well, yes you can. I not only pondered, but actually drilled every single hole for every nut, bolt or screw on my boat, and had pics and discussions on a few forums. (You can learn much and get a lot of good advice)

After launching I simply stopped posting in some of them. If that upset some people, well that's just too bad.

John McEnroe
44'cruisingcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-2016, 20:40   #62

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hugh_Howey

Hugh C. Howey (born 1975) is an American writer, known best for the science fiction series Silo, part of which he published independently through Amazon.com's Kindle Direct Publishing

INB4 Hugh shows up and explains it was " all a mistake"

Repeat: bitterly disappointed in all this. Laughing stock of the neighbourhood actually. Wifey kept pressing to get the Leopard yesterday, I said let's wait and see how Hugh's custom St Francis performs.

And now nothing.

Kleening up the kak that Hugh Downey shat.
abstract.profor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-2016, 20:40   #63

No, but I get the feeling you are...

John McEnroe
Old 14-01-2016, 20:42   #64

Might be a good idea to look a bit more widely than Cruisers Forum as the final word on what boat you should buy. IMHO of course.

John McEnroe
Old 14-01-2016, 20:48   #65

Quote:
Originally Posted by 44'cruisingcat View Post
Might be a good idea to look a bit more widely than Cruisers Forum as the final word on what boat you should buy. IMHO of course.

Of course.

I am answering questions and concerns as they are posted that is all. For some reason my thesis on my original post seems to be subject to moderation. To me if answers to that can be clear I should feel more at ease. I like your no nonsense style and honesty. and would appreciate it very much if you could respond to it once it is released from the holding tank. Let me see where the thread is now....
Old 14-01-2016, 20:57   #66

Here:

http://www.cruisersforum.com/forums/...il-159412.html

A comprehensive analysis was posted but seems to be with held by some moderator for some reason?

For sure I am trying to learn at the front esoteric end which I don't think should be unacceptable anywhere? With the right kind of guidance hopefully it will to lead to practical experience. Otherwise is their a forum part of the conglomerate that caters to pre-pre sailing forums? Maybe like a bunny hill in skiing terms?
Old 14-01-2016, 20:59   #67

Quote:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hugh_Howey

Hugh C. Howey (born 1975) is an American writer, known best for the science fiction series Silo, part of which he published independently through Amazon.com's Kindle Direct Publishing

INB4 Hugh shows up and explains it was " all a mistake"

Repeat: bitterly disappointed in all this. Laughing stock of the neighbourhood actually. Wifey kept pressing to get the Leopard yesterday, I said let's wait and see how Hugh's custom St Francis performs.

And now nothing.

Kleening up the kak that Hugh Downey shat.
Whatever your issue is, it sounds VERY personal.

I can't vouch for Hugh, but I've enjoyed reading his threads. His enthusiasm is infectious and I'm glad he took the time to share.

As to how he made his fortune, it's not for us to judge......I say good for him and I wish him well.

If he chooses not to post further on this Forum....so frigging what. Means nothing, other than he obviously has MUCH better things to do.
Old 14-01-2016, 21:14   #68

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saleen411 View Post
Whatever your issue is, it sounds VERY personal.

I can't vouch for Hugh, but I've enjoyed reading his threads. His enthusiasm is infectious and I'm glad he took the time to share.

As to how he made his fortune, it's not for us to judge......I say good for him and I wish him well.

If he chooses not to post further on this Forum....so frigging what. Means nothing, other than he obviously has MUCH better things to do.

YES!

You got it my man. First thing I did was Google his name and his boat's name to see what the hay was going on. Lo an behold sequestered in the Bahamas having a good larf.

Irritted myself there slightly that I actually gave a concern for a total stranger on an internet forum who has since failed to "check in" in the two threads he created.

That and the promising of a full review of a custom built cat.

But know and hopefully most others now know. As nice a guy seems as clear as he can be, he's got an angle to it all. all always sounded too good, fancy squaring of settee, USB ports here and there, non hysterics when they drove that over size hulk through a wind storm, giggling and laugning while surfing in 9 c. waters of winter South African waters.

Since I come from there Like I said, its laughable for some one to pose and create a video ahhh what a lovely day at the beach. In October. ROFL.

What's in it for me.
Old 14-01-2016, 22:05   #69

Boat: Leopard 48

I think he is due at the Miami boat show in a month. I intend to catch up with him there. We were in St Francis for the launch so really excited to hear his thoughts after five months.
Old 15-01-2016, 06:33   #70

I was under the assumption he would update these threads after the season was over. He's very active on Facebook, seems to be having a blast.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Cruisers Sailing Forum mobile app
Wakey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-01-2016, 06:43   #71
Eternal Member

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Lagoon 400

I guess all famous people have the occasional stalker. Some might take it as a compliment
I was also about to order a St Francis 50 after my morning coffee, but Hugh hasn't returned my Facebook smiley so I think I'll try buy an outremer just to spite him. 😘
monte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-01-2016, 06:56   #72
Moderator Emeritus

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Send a message via Skype™ to weavis

Quote:
YES!

You got it my man. First thing I did was Google his name and his boat's name to see what the hay was going on. Lo an behold sequestered in the Bahamas having a good larf.

Irritted myself there slightly that I actually gave a concern for a total stranger on an internet forum who has since failed to "check in" in the two threads he created.

That and the promising of a full review of a custom built cat.

But know and hopefully most others now know. As nice a guy seems as clear as he can be, he's got an angle to it all. all always sounded too good, fancy squaring of settee, USB ports here and there, non hysterics when they drove that over size hulk through a wind storm, giggling and laugning while surfing in 9 c. waters of winter South African waters.

Since I come from there Like I said, its laughable for some one to pose and create a video ahhh what a lovely day at the beach. In October. ROFL.

What's in it for me.
Have you thought about therapy?
weavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-01-2016, 07:35   #73

Boat: St Francis 50

Owen,
Would like to discuss SF-50 - can you pm me?
Paul

Sent from my iPad using Cruisers Sailing Forum
Catalysis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-01-2016, 11:14   #74

Quote:
Originally Posted by monte View Post
I guess all famous people have the occasional stalker. Some might take it as a compliment
I was also about to order a St Francis 50 after my morning coffee, but Hugh hasn't returned my Facebook smiley so I think I'll try buy an outremer just to spite him. 😘
Bwhahahahaha!
socaldmax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-01-2016, 11:16   #75

Quote:
Originally Posted by weavis View Post
Have you thought about therapy?
I was beginning to think the same. A few fries short of a Happy Meal, the cheese has slipped off his cracker.
socaldmax is offline   Reply With Quote