Cruisers Forum
 


Join CruisersForum Today

Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 16-02-2016, 16:15   #121
smj
Registered User

Join Date: Nov 2007
Boat: Searunner 38 catamaran
Posts: 3,654
Re: Introducing the St. Francis 50 mk II: Wayfinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by salticrak View Post
I bet if the bloke was not ''famous'' nobody would give a rats...

Never knew he was famous.


Sent from my iPad using Cruisers Sailing Forum
__________________

__________________
smj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-02-2016, 20:19   #122
Registered User
 
Wakey's Avatar

Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 104
Re: Introducing the St. Francis 50 mk II: Wayfinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by salticrak View Post
I bet if the bloke was not ''famous'' nobody would give a rats...

I've not seen anyone in either of his threads claiming to know Who Hugh was before seeing his blog. He's got a fan base, obviously, but I don't think they hang in these parts.

Let's try not to run off more talented contributors.


Posted from my buggy iPad using Cruisers Sailing Forum app
__________________

__________________
Wakey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-02-2016, 20:35   #123
Registered User

Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: So Cal
Boat: Catalina 30
Posts: 943
Re: Introducing the St. Francis 50 mk II: Wayfinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wakey View Post
I've not seen anyone in either of his threads claiming to know Who Hugh was before seeing his blog. He's got a fan base, obviously, but I don't think they hang in these parts.
Don't be so hasty. I've read his stuff. It's just not applicable to a sailing forum.

My guess is that he got fed up with some forum nonsense and focused on his blog instead. (which I should read sometime...)
__________________
jeepbluetj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-02-2016, 17:10   #124
Registered User

Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Baltimore, Maryland
Boat: Seaward 22
Posts: 91
Re: Introducing the St. Francis 50 mk II: Wayfinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepbluetj View Post
Don't be so hasty. I've read his stuff. It's just not applicable to a sailing forum.

My guess is that he got fed up with some forum nonsense and focused on his blog instead. (which I should read sometime...)
Evidently must have also got fed up with the builder St Francis too. He was promoting the builder up to the Cap Town Boat show than nothing afterwards.
__________________
EllisElectric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-02-2016, 17:46   #125
Registered User

Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 3,157
Re: Introducing the St. Francis 50 mk II: Wayfinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by EllisElectric View Post
Evidently must have also got fed up with the builder St Francis too. He was promoting the builder up to the Cap Town Boat show than nothing afterwards.
Do you have anything posted anywhere on the internet from Hugh Howey stating anything that could be interpreted that way?

Maybe he's just busy living his life and writing his novels and on his blog.


As a matter of fact, I have not seen anyone, anywhere in the world, singing your praises on the internet. What could that possibly mean?
__________________
socaldmax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-02-2016, 17:50   #126
Registered User
 
leftbrainstuff's Avatar

Join Date: May 2011
Location: San Francisco and Australia
Boat: Liberty 458
Posts: 1,979
Re: Introducing the St. Francis 50 mk II: Wayfinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by socaldmax View Post
Absolutely!
Ignore the bashers.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Cruisers Sailing Forum mobile app
__________________
leftbrainstuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-02-2016, 17:58   #127
Registered User

Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Baltimore, Maryland
Boat: Seaward 22
Posts: 91
Re: Introducing the St. Francis 50 mk II: Wayfinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by socaldmax View Post
Do you have anything posted anywhere on the internet from Hugh Howey stating anything that could be interpreted that way?

Maybe he's just busy living his life and writing his novels and on his blog.


As a matter of fact, I have not seen anyone, anywhere in the world, singing your praises on the internet. What could that possibly mean?
Hugh started this tread after the first tread that he closed. He was always promoting St Francis during the build process and had a lot of interested followers and contributors. For him to not close his tread is disrespectful.
__________________
EllisElectric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-02-2016, 18:01   #128
Registered User

Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Sydney
Boat: Wanted: Schionning Arrow 1360'ish
Posts: 590
Re: Introducing the St. Francis 50 mk II: Wayfinder

I think we're going to have to accept that Hugh has better things to do with his time and he doesn't owe anyone anything. No one knows the reasons he hasn't come back but we do know that he copped grief from people on this forum. He has his own reasons for leaving and, I mean, calling him disrespectful for not posting on a forum is more indicative of an inflated sense of entitlement rather than any level of disrespect. In my opinion.
__________________
tp12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-02-2016, 18:07   #129
Registered User

Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Baltimore, Maryland
Boat: Seaward 22
Posts: 91
Re: Introducing the St. Francis 50 mk II: Wayfinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by tp12 View Post
I think we're going to have to accept that Hugh has better things to do with his time and he doesn't owe anyone anything. No one knows the reasons he hasn't come back but we do know that he copped grief from people on this forum. He has his own reasons for leaving and, I mean, calling him disrespectful for not posting on a forum is more indicative of an inflated sense of entitlement rather than any level of disrespect. In my opinion.
Where's your proof about the grief?
__________________
EllisElectric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-02-2016, 18:29   #130
Registered User
 
Wakey's Avatar

Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 104
Re: Introducing the St. Francis 50 mk II: Wayfinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by EllisElectric View Post
Hugh started this tread after the first tread that he closed. He was always promoting St Francis during the build process and had a lot of interested followers and contributors. For him to not close his tread is disrespectful.

Disrespectful?? Lol

And which thread did he close?


Posted from my buggy iPad using Cruisers Sailing Forum app
__________________
Wakey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-02-2016, 18:33   #131
Registered User

Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Sydney
Boat: Wanted: Schionning Arrow 1360'ish
Posts: 590
Re: Introducing the St. Francis 50 mk II: Wayfinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by EllisElectric View Post
Where's your proof about the grief?

In the two threads, that's a good start. Including your posts.

Where's your proof of a falling out or some drama with St Francis? There isn't any. Why do you feel so entitled?

If you have a big concern about this why don't you pick up the phone and call St Francis?


Sent from my iPhone using Cruisers Sailing Forum
__________________
tp12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-02-2016, 18:41   #132
Registered User

Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Baltimore, Maryland
Boat: Seaward 22
Posts: 91
Re: Introducing the St. Francis 50 mk II: Wayfinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wakey View Post
Disrespectful?? Lol

And which thread did he close?


Posted from my buggy iPad using Cruisers Sailing Forum app
this thread St. Francis 50: "Wayfinder"
__________________
EllisElectric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-02-2016, 18:45   #133
Registered User

Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Baltimore, Maryland
Boat: Seaward 22
Posts: 91
Re: Introducing the St. Francis 50 mk II: Wayfinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by tp12 View Post
In the two threads, that's a good start. Including your posts.

Where's your proof of a falling out or some drama with St Francis? There isn't any. Why do you feel so entitled?

If you have a big concern about this why don't you pick up the phone and call St Francis?


Sent from my iPhone using Cruisers Sailing Forum
Everyone should expect respect unless they don't show respect, the vast majority did not disrespect Hugh. There must be another reason such as builder/buyer discourse going on, especially since we were under the notion the boat would appear in Miami
__________________
EllisElectric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-02-2016, 18:50   #134
Registered User

Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Sydney
Boat: Wanted: Schionning Arrow 1360'ish
Posts: 590
Re: Introducing the St. Francis 50 mk II: Wayfinder

In my opinion you're confusing entitlement with respect. Hugh doesn't need to post here for anyone. You might get annoyed by that but it's not a sign of disrespect. Your posts accusing him of such are more in line with being disrespectful than anything Hugh has done, or not done.

Seriously, if it's such a bee in your bonnet pick up the phone and call St Francis. Making demands for people to post or calling them disrespectful for not doing so is not really going to achieve anything


Sent from my iPhone using Cruisers Sailing Forum
__________________
tp12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-02-2016, 18:54   #135
Registered User

Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Baltimore, Maryland
Boat: Seaward 22
Posts: 91
Re: Introducing the St. Francis 50 mk II: Wayfinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by tp12 View Post
In my opinion you're confusing entitlement with respect. Hugh doesn't need to post here for anyone. You might get annoyed by that but it's not a sign of disrespect. Your posts accusing him of such are more in line with being disrespectful than anything Hugh has done, or not done.

Seriously, if it's such a bee in your bonnet pick up the phone and call St Francis. Making demands for people to post or calling them disrespectful for not doing so is not really going to achieve anything


Sent from my iPhone using Cruisers Sailing Forum
I can give my opinion about respecting others, I didn't demand anyone to do anything that's your opinion.
__________________

__________________
EllisElectric is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
St. Francis 50: "Wayfinder" Hugh Howey Multihull Sailboats 429 Today 04:45
Introducing myself pegsue Meets & Greets 0 21-08-2005 03:57
Introducing Myself GreyDawn Meets & Greets 1 20-06-2005 05:48



Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:50.


Google+
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Social Knowledge Networks
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.

ShowCase vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.