Cruisers Forum
 


Join CruisersForum Today

Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 14-01-2016, 21:30   #61
Senior Cruiser
 
44'cruisingcat's Avatar

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 7,454
Images: 69
Re: Introducing the St. Francis 50 mk II: Wayfinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by abstract.profor View Post
Exactly!

You cannot be so precise and conscious to re-configure a boat where the iPOD should lay, where the USB ports should be, relishing the responses in this thread from Day One. Nay day two, where he was conscious enough to split the thread to appease all. Then suddenly become un-conscious after arriving at port, that those that patted him on his back all throughout, are left hanging here. Surely not?
Well, yes you can. I not only pondered, but actually drilled every single hole for every nut, bolt or screw on my boat, and had pics and discussions on a few forums. (You can learn much and get a lot of good advice)

After launching I simply stopped posting in some of them. If that upset some people, well that's just too bad.
__________________

__________________
"You CANNOT be serious!"


John McEnroe
44'cruisingcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-2016, 21:40   #62
Registered User

Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 22
Re: Introducing the St. Francis 50 mk II: Wayfinder

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hugh_Howey


Hugh C. Howey (born 1975) is an American writer, known best for the science fiction series Silo, part of which he published independently through Amazon.com's Kindle Direct Publishing


INB4 Hugh shows up and explains it was " all a mistake"

Repeat: bitterly disappointed in all this. Laughing stock of the neighbourhood actually. Wifey kept pressing to get the Leopard yesterday, I said let's wait and see how Hugh's custom St Francis performs.

And now nothing.

Kleening up the kak that Hugh Downey shat.
__________________

__________________
abstract.profor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-2016, 21:40   #63
Senior Cruiser
 
44'cruisingcat's Avatar

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 7,454
Images: 69
Re: Introducing the St. Francis 50 mk II: Wayfinder

No, but I get the feeling you are...
__________________
"You CANNOT be serious!"


John McEnroe
44'cruisingcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-2016, 21:42   #64
Senior Cruiser
 
44'cruisingcat's Avatar

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 7,454
Images: 69
Re: Introducing the St. Francis 50 mk II: Wayfinder

Might be a good idea to look a bit more widely than Cruisers Forum as the final word on what boat you should buy. IMHO of course.
__________________
"You CANNOT be serious!"


John McEnroe
44'cruisingcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-2016, 21:48   #65
Registered User

Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 22
Re: Introducing the St. Francis 50 mk II: Wayfinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by 44'cruisingcat View Post
Might be a good idea to look a bit more widely than Cruisers Forum as the final word on what boat you should buy. IMHO of course.


Of course.

I am answering questions and concerns as they are posted that is all. For some reason my thesis on my original post seems to be subject to moderation. To me if answers to that can be clear I should feel more at ease. I like your no nonsense style and honesty. and would appreciate it very much if you could respond to it once it is released from the holding tank. Let me see where the thread is now....
__________________
abstract.profor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-2016, 21:57   #66
Registered User

Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 22
Re: Introducing the St. Francis 50 mk II: Wayfinder

Here:


What to do? Power or Sail


A comprehensive analysis was posted but seems to be with held by some moderator for some reason?


For sure I am trying to learn at the front esoteric end which I don't think should be unacceptable anywhere? With the right kind of guidance hopefully it will to lead to practical experience. Otherwise is their a forum part of the conglomerate that caters to pre-pre sailing forums? Maybe like a bunny hill in skiing terms?
__________________
abstract.profor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-2016, 21:59   #67
Registered User
 
Saleen411's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Discovery Bay, CA
Posts: 582
Re: Introducing the St. Francis 50 mk II: Wayfinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by abstract.profor View Post
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hugh_Howey


Hugh C. Howey (born 1975) is an American writer, known best for the science fiction series Silo, part of which he published independently through Amazon.com's Kindle Direct Publishing


INB4 Hugh shows up and explains it was " all a mistake"

Repeat: bitterly disappointed in all this. Laughing stock of the neighbourhood actually. Wifey kept pressing to get the Leopard yesterday, I said let's wait and see how Hugh's custom St Francis performs.

And now nothing.

Kleening up the kak that Hugh Downey shat.
Whatever your issue is, it sounds VERY personal.

I can't vouch for Hugh, but I've enjoyed reading his threads. His enthusiasm is infectious and I'm glad he took the time to share.

As to how he made his fortune, it's not for us to judge......I say good for him and I wish him well.

If he chooses not to post further on this Forum....so frigging what. Means nothing, other than he obviously has MUCH better things to do.
__________________
"Man cannot discover new oceans unless he has the courage to lose sight of the shore"- Andre' Gide
Saleen411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-2016, 22:14   #68
Registered User

Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 22
Re: Introducing the St. Francis 50 mk II: Wayfinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saleen411 View Post
Whatever your issue is, it sounds VERY personal.

I can't vouch for Hugh, but I've enjoyed reading his threads. His enthusiasm is infectious and I'm glad he took the time to share.

As to how he made his fortune, it's not for us to judge......I say good for him and I wish him well.

If he chooses not to post further on this Forum....so frigging what. Means nothing, other than he obviously has MUCH better things to do.

YES!

You got it my man. First thing I did was Google his name and his boat's name to see what the hay was going on. Lo an behold sequestered in the Bahamas having a good larf.

Irritted myself there slightly that I actually gave a concern for a total stranger on an internet forum who has since failed to "check in" in the two threads he created.

That and the promising of a full review of a custom built cat.

But know and hopefully most others now know. As nice a guy seems as clear as he can be, he's got an angle to it all. all always sounded too good, fancy squaring of settee, USB ports here and there, non hysterics when they drove that over size hulk through a wind storm, giggling and laugning while surfing in 9 c. waters of winter South African waters.

Since I come from there Like I said, its laughable for some one to pose and create a video ahhh what a lovely day at the beach. In October. ROFL.

What's in it for me.
__________________
abstract.profor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-2016, 23:05   #69
Registered User

Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Nevada/Ft Lauderdale
Boat: Leopard 48
Posts: 50
Re: Introducing the St. Francis 50 mk II: Wayfinder

I think he is due at the Miami boat show in a month. I intend to catch up with him there. We were in St Francis for the launch so really excited to hear his thoughts after five months.
__________________
Owen
owenrms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-01-2016, 07:33   #70
Registered User
 
Wakey's Avatar

Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 104
Re: Introducing the St. Francis 50 mk II: Wayfinder

I was under the assumption he would update these threads after the season was over. He's very active on Facebook, seems to be having a blast.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Cruisers Sailing Forum mobile app
__________________
Wakey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-01-2016, 07:43   #71
Eternal Member
 
monte's Avatar

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Australia
Boat: Lagoon 400
Posts: 3,650
Images: 1
Re: Introducing the St. Francis 50 mk II: Wayfinder

I guess all famous people have the occasional stalker. Some might take it as a compliment
I was also about to order a St Francis 50 after my morning coffee, but Hugh hasn't returned my Facebook smiley so I think I'll try buy an outremer just to spite him. 😘
__________________
monte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-01-2016, 07:56   #72
Moderator
 
weavis's Avatar

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: SEVILLE - MALLORCA
Posts: 10,135
Send a message via Skype™ to weavis
Re: Introducing the St. Francis 50 mk II: Wayfinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by abstract.profor View Post
YES!

You got it my man. First thing I did was Google his name and his boat's name to see what the hay was going on. Lo an behold sequestered in the Bahamas having a good larf.

Irritted myself there slightly that I actually gave a concern for a total stranger on an internet forum who has since failed to "check in" in the two threads he created.

That and the promising of a full review of a custom built cat.

But know and hopefully most others now know. As nice a guy seems as clear as he can be, he's got an angle to it all. all always sounded too good, fancy squaring of settee, USB ports here and there, non hysterics when they drove that over size hulk through a wind storm, giggling and laugning while surfing in 9 c. waters of winter South African waters.

Since I come from there Like I said, its laughable for some one to pose and create a video ahhh what a lovely day at the beach. In October. ROFL.

What's in it for me.
Have you thought about therapy?
__________________
- Never test how deep the water is with both feet -
10% of conflicts are due to different opinions. 90% by the tone of voice.
Raise your words, not your voice. It is rain that grows flowers, not thunder.
weavis is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 15-01-2016, 08:35   #73
Registered User
 
Catalysis's Avatar

Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: California
Boat: St Francis 50
Posts: 275
Re: Introducing the St. Francis 50 mk II: Wayfinder

Owen,
Would like to discuss SF-50 - can you pm me?
Paul



Sent from my iPad using Cruisers Sailing Forum
__________________
Catalysis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-01-2016, 12:14   #74
Registered User

Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 3,157
Re: Introducing the St. Francis 50 mk II: Wayfinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by monte View Post
I guess all famous people have the occasional stalker. Some might take it as a compliment
I was also about to order a St Francis 50 after my morning coffee, but Hugh hasn't returned my Facebook smiley so I think I'll try buy an outremer just to spite him. 😘
Bwhahahahaha!
__________________
socaldmax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-01-2016, 12:16   #75
Registered User

Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 3,157
Re: Introducing the St. Francis 50 mk II: Wayfinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by weavis View Post
Have you thought about therapy?
I was beginning to think the same. A few fries short of a Happy Meal, the cheese has slipped off his cracker.
__________________

__________________
socaldmax is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
St. Francis 50: "Wayfinder" Hugh Howey Multihull Sailboats 425 Yesterday 07:42
Introducing myself pegsue Meets & Greets 0 21-08-2005 03:57
Introducing Myself GreyDawn Meets & Greets 1 20-06-2005 05:48



Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:53.


Google+
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Social Knowledge Networks
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.

ShowCase vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.