Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > The Fleet > Multihull Sailboats
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 17-10-2015, 06:33   #1

Boat: still looking for the right Tri
Interesting essay about the HISTORY OF MULTIHULLS (author: Michael Kingdom-Hocking)

...just like to share two short, interesting essays written by the author Michael Kingdom-Hocking about the HISTORY OF MULTIHULLS

Such historical reviews give me a good feeling about where we are today. It's a more easy understanding about the boat constructions we see nowadays floating around as the modern contructions mostly are a following up (not in the sense of a revolution but as an evolution) on the basis our sailing ancestors created as pioneers.

Sailing Catamarans & Trimarans (part 1 of 2)...

As we saw in Sailing Boats Through the Ages, the big problem with sailing boats is that they operate on the boundary between air and water, using the water to support the weight and the wind (movement of the air relative to the water) to provide the motive power... [ 974 more words. ]

Sailing Catamarans & Trimarans (part 2 of 2)...

The ocean-going catamaran entered the western world in 1936, when Eric de Bisschop built Kaimiloa in Hawaii in Hawaii... [ 768 more words. ]
Skip JayR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-10-2015, 07:05   #2

Boat: 34' Crowther tri sold 16' Kayak now
Re: Interesting essay about the HISTORY OF MULTIHULLS (author: Michael Kingdom-Hockin

I see you are also a member of boatdesign so I guess you have read the historical multihulls thread. For the others here there's lots of good stuff in there including a few posts by the crabman.
Historical multihulls - Boat Design Forums
Old 17-10-2015, 09:04   #3

Boat: still looking for the right Tri
Re: Interesting essay about the HISTORY OF MULTIHULLS (author: Michael Kingdom-Hockin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sand crab View Post
I see you are also a member of boatdesign so I guess you have read the historical multihulls thread. For the others here there's lots of good stuff in there including a few posts by the crabman.
Historical multihulls - Boat Design Forums
Crab's invasion everywhere, hm ?! Seems to become a very crabby Saturday :-)

As I am very newly in both forums, I didnt know about Crabman's postings there, yet. But I did some postings in this tread, already. I think, it was started by Gary Baigent whom I know. Very profoundly knowledge about multihulls, this guy... and a keen boat builder

Anyhow.... many tks, Sand crab !
Skip JayR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2019, 08:16   #4

Hello guys. The only reviews I read are studybay reviews because this topic is very relevant for me. I am a student and I need a good source where I can buy essays and other writing works. So, I am tired of eternal writing and overworking.
Kir2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
history, hull, multihull