Cruisers Forum
 


Join CruisersForum Today

Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-10-2013, 01:54   #16
Registered User
 
markpierce's Avatar

Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Central California
Boat: M/V Carquinez Coot
Posts: 3,413
Re: Headroom

My 6'2" son has no problem moving about my motorboat. But then it is a monohull as well as not a low-slung sailboat.

__________________

__________________
Kar-KEEN-ez Koot
markpierce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 02:15   #17
Registered User

Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Germany
Boat: secondarily boatless
Posts: 178
Re: Headroom

I am 6'2, and this posed a problem when we looked for our cat. We tried Catanas (431), Lagoon 410 was too low, Outremer 45 was way too low, and finally we found our Lagoon 470, which has enough headroom and is a beautiful boat at the same time.

Have fun while searching...

Oliver
__________________

__________________
Oliver L. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 06:12   #18
Senior Cruiser
 
Captain Bill's Avatar

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: On the boat
Boat: Endeavourcat Sailcat 44
Posts: 2,313
Re: Headroom

My Endeavourcat 44 has almost 7 feet of headroom throughout most of the walking areas of the boat. The forward part of the master cabin gets down to about 6'4" and one over 6' might have to duck a little going through the doors to the cabins.
__________________
Captain Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 08:47   #19
Senior Cruiser
 
Roy M's Avatar

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Southwestern Yacht Club, San Diego, CA
Boat: Searunner 40 trimaran, WILDERNESS
Posts: 3,041
Images: 4
Re: Headroom

I'm 6'2" and I've got plenty of room on my Searunner 40 trimaran. Even in my berth, I can sit up fully without brushing my head on the overhead. There's even more clearance when seated in the sterncastle.
__________________
Roy M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 16:05   #20
Senior Cruiser
 
Therapy's Avatar

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: W Florida
Boat: The Jon boat still, plus a 2007 SeaCat.
Posts: 6,894
Images: 4
Re: Headroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oliver L. View Post
I am 6'2, and this posed a problem when we looked for our cat. We tried Catanas (431), Lagoon 410 was too low, Outremer 45 was way too low, and finally we found our Lagoon 470, which has enough headroom and is a beautiful boat at the same time.

Have fun while searching...

Oliver
Dang. And I thought maybe a Lagoon 410 could be on my list. (6'4")
Heck!
__________________
Who knows what is next.
Therapy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 18:56   #21
Registered User
 
solarbri's Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Idaho
Boat: Custom 36' folding sailing cat
Posts: 297
Quote:
Originally Posted by Therapy View Post
Dang. And I thought maybe a Lagoon 410 could be on my list. (6'4") Heck!
Therapy, I am 6'7" and I've been aboard several Lagoons. There is tons of headroom!
I wouldn't rule any of them out!
__________________
solarbri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 19:08   #22
Senior Cruiser
 
colemj's Avatar

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Presently on US East Coast
Boat: Manta 40 "Reach"
Posts: 10,049
Images: 12
Re: Headroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by markpierce View Post
My 6'2" son has no problem moving about my motorboat. But then it is a monohull as well as not a low-slung sailboat.

Is your boat kept by a nude beach? Two pictures of different people (your avatar also) looking through binoculars at land...

Mark
__________________
www.svreach.com

You do not need a parachute to skydive. You only need a parachute to skydive twice.
colemj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 19:12   #23
Senior Cruiser
 
colemj's Avatar

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Presently on US East Coast
Boat: Manta 40 "Reach"
Posts: 10,049
Images: 12
Re: Headroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by micreative View Post
Hi, We are looking for a used multi-hull with plenty of headroom (my husband is 6'2"). I have a couple of questions:
1) Any ideas?
2) Has anyone ever raised the ceiling as part of a remodel/renovation?
6'2" should not be much of a problem. Our boat is a small catamaran and 6'2" would work on it - you would only need to bend over a bit to get up to the fridge, but you need to bend over a bit anyway to get stuff out of the fridge, so it all works.

Some boats have finished ceilings that are fiberboard or foam-backed vinyl that are installed on runner cleats. It is possible to remove it all, but you would only gain an inch at most.

Mark
__________________
www.svreach.com

You do not need a parachute to skydive. You only need a parachute to skydive twice.
colemj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 19:32   #24
Registered User

Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 75
Re: Headroom

Well said woman! Give 'em hell!


Quote:
Originally Posted by micreative View Post
Oh, you mean troll as in 'bot? No, I am woman who apparently asked a stupid question. I am new to this forum, new to multihulls.
I did notice that neither of you helpful folks bothered to respond to my first question asking suggestions for multihulls with adequate headroom for someone who is 6'2.
__________________
Brogan007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 19:35   #25
Registered User

Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 75
Re: Headroom

Lagoon 440 and MaineCat 41 are my choices so far. 6ft 6" here.
__________________
Brogan007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 09:11   #26
Registered User
 
solarbri's Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Idaho
Boat: Custom 36' folding sailing cat
Posts: 297
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brogan007 View Post
Lagoon 440 and MaineCat 41 are my choices so far. 6ft 6" here.
Yup the MaineCat 41 has VERY good headroom. AND it is a good SAILING cat!!!
__________________
solarbri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 10:00   #27
Registered User

Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Germany
Boat: secondarily boatless
Posts: 178
Re: Headroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by solarbri View Post
Therapy, I am 6'7" and I've been aboard several Lagoons. There is tons of headroom!
I wouldn't rule any of them out!
Solarbri,

I honestly don't understand such comments. I did not rule out Lagoons in general - in fact, I love mine. Bun the 410 does not, repeat, not have enough headroom in the hulls, and barely enough in the salon. Now why shouldn't I relay this information to someone searching for the right boat? It might save them a trip to see a boat they won't be happy with. We had several 410s on our short list while looking and we chartered one for two weeks sailing in Greece, so it was not just a walk-through either.

Oliver
__________________
Oliver L. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 10:49   #28
Senior Cruiser
 
Therapy's Avatar

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: W Florida
Boat: The Jon boat still, plus a 2007 SeaCat.
Posts: 6,894
Images: 4
Re: Headroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by solarbri View Post
Therapy, I am 6'7" and I've been aboard several Lagoons. There is tons of headroom!
I wouldn't rule any of them out!
Now I have to rewrite the list.....................

Thanks.
__________________
Who knows what is next.
Therapy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 10:51   #29
Senior Cruiser
 
Therapy's Avatar

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: W Florida
Boat: The Jon boat still, plus a 2007 SeaCat.
Posts: 6,894
Images: 4
Re: Headroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oliver L. View Post
Solarbri,

I honestly don't understand such comments. I did not rule out Lagoons in general - in fact, I love mine. Bun the 410 does not, repeat, not have enough headroom in the hulls, and barely enough in the salon. Now why shouldn't I relay this information to someone searching for the right boat? It might save them a trip to see a boat they won't be happy with. We had several 410s on our short list while looking and we chartered one for two weeks sailing in Greece, so it was not just a walk-through either.

Oliver
Good thing I didn't ball up the old one yet.
__________________
Who knows what is next.
Therapy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 10:54   #30
Registered User
 
capttman's Avatar

Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Satellite Beach Florida
Boat: Bruce Roberts 434
Posts: 716
Send a message via Skype™ to capttman
Quote:
Originally Posted by colemj View Post
Is your boat kept by a nude beach? Two pictures of different people (your avatar also) looking through binoculars at land... Mark
Ok just blew my drink out my nose I laughed so hard
__________________

__________________
Capttman

"When the bow be in the trees we'll be running out of seas"
capttman is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
head, headroom

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off




Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 16:51.


Google+
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Social Knowledge Networks
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.

ShowCase vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.