Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-11-2007, 16:49   #46

Boat: Still have the 33yo Jon boat. But now a CATAMARAN. Nice little 18' Bay Cat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinmac View Post
Therapy, Maine Cat was not at the show. I looked at a used one that is for sale in St. Pete.

Kevin
Whew!!

What did you like about the Gemini?

I want/need a salon to close up when the rain and lightening are scaring the bejesus out of me.......etc. etc.
Therapy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 17:02   #47

Boat: Maine Cat 30 - Jasmine
Um, well, I did not get on the one at the show. I looked at one previously that is for charter in the Pac NW. If you think this is a boat you will buy, you and I just have completely different desires. I don't like the small cockpit, looking through two panes of glass to see forward, restricted visibilty, single engine, sonic drive (lots of maintenance), narrow beam, solid bridge deck forward, interior room and layout. These are my tastes, obviously different from yours, and from over 1000 other folks who have purchased these boats new, not to mention all those that have purchased them used. So I am clearly in the minority.

Kevin
kevinmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 17:20   #48

Boat: Still have the 33yo Jon boat. But now a CATAMARAN. Nice little 18' Bay Cat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinmac View Post
Um, well, I did not get on the one at the show. I looked at one previously that is for charter in the Pac NW. If you think this is a boat you will buy, you and I just have completely different desires. I don't like the small cockpit, looking through two panes of glass to see forward, restricted visibilty, single engine, sonic drive (lots of maintenance), narrow beam, solid bridge deck forward, interior room and layout. These are my tastes, obviously different from yours, and from over 1000 other folks who have purchased these boats new, not to mention all those that have purchased them used. So I am clearly in the minority.

Kevin
I know and I just love it - for the buck bang, fit in slip, I can sleep in it. OOOOOH!

I plan on using the remote autopilot A LOT!

It reminds me of the CW song where the guy likes his women "just a little bit on the trashy side"

Not that the Gemini is trashy. Cheaper for sure.

If the Maine Cat bridge deck was solid like the Seawind it might win the contest.

Best of luck.

I can't have the seawind 1160........did you see that one...........OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHHH!
Old 04-11-2007, 17:22   #49

Island Spirit

Have you looked at the Island Spirit 400? We have owned one since 2004. Sails great. Best layout, interior use of space and cockpit of any we saw. Other than some initial quality problems (small boat builder, limited production) it has been outstanding. Took last year off and cruised the Caribbean. Gave it a good workout. A friend w/ the same model same year is selling his. I just sent you a private email. Check and let me know if interested and I will put you in touch with him for more info.
quetzal2121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 17:28   #50

Quote:
Originally Posted by quetzal2121 View Post
Have you looked at the Island Spirit 400? We have owned one since 2004. Sails great. Best layout, interior use of space and cockpit of any we saw. Other than some initial quality problems (small boat builder, limited production) it has been outstanding. Took last year off and cruised the Caribbean. Gave it a good workout. A friend w/ the same model same year is selling his. I just sent you a private email. Check and let me know if interested and I will put you in touch with him for more info.
I have looked at them and they are out of the budget if I remember.
Even the one in charter by a couple.
I have heard that they have a great use of space.
Old 04-11-2007, 17:38   #51

Quote:
Originally Posted by quetzal2121 View Post
I just sent you a private email.
Don't see it coming in.
Old 04-11-2007, 23:42   #52
Marine Service Provider

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: FastCat 445 Green Motion
Send a message via Skype™ to fastcat435
Hallo Therapy we have one slot left for delivery november 2009 and the next one out is mid 2011 , presently increasing production from 4 x 435 a year to 8 x 435 a year our new factory will be ready in april 2008, there we will start building the new 405 and the new 545.
Our 2 beds in the 435 have a standard size of 1.80 meters wide and 2.20 meters in lenght or in US sizes 6 ft x 7 ft Optionally it is possible to raise the roof with an extra 40 mm for 1.5 inches extra headroom thru out the boat see picture attachement
we also have one demonsatrator for sale located in Amsterdam Netherlands
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	CIMG3424.jpg
Views:	208
Size:	60.1 KB
ID:	2050  
fastcat435 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2007, 17:00   #53

I am in a quandry about how much to spend on a dream but I think your boat is still out past my high end.

The size is right though.

What is a round figure?
Old 06-11-2007, 02:05   #54
Marine Service Provider

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: FastCat 445 Green Motion
Send a message via Skype™ to fastcat435
We have one demonstrator for sale for the amound of Euro 500.000,00 or $ 725.000,00 fully equipped to go around the world

greetings
fastcat435 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
headroom