Cruisers Forum
 


Join CruisersForum Today

Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-08-2015, 16:46   #31
Registered User
 
rajsach's Avatar

Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 145
Re: Frustration getting a straight answer on pricing

The price list that I received from a dealer for the 450S in USD ex factory
has the 4 cabin at $430,571.00 and the owner version 3 cabin at $425,951.00
That seems to be a 1.16 conversion rate based on the euro prices given on the previous post


Sent from my iPhone using Cruisers Sailing Forum
__________________

__________________
rajsach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2015, 22:17   #32
Registered User

Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Nevada/Ft Lauderdale
Boat: Leopard 48
Posts: 50
Re: Frustration getting a straight answer on pricing

Quote:
Originally Posted by alansmith View Post
Owen, a guy that has that much money for a new Lagoon also understands legally binding contracts. It is a beautiful boat. Not to drizzle on the parade but did you see the lightweight displacement on this boat? Over 30,000 lbs for a 45 footer is a very very very heavy boat. Just saying....
Hi alansmith and all others that have responded.
I am pleased to say that I had a grown up conversation with a dealer today and life is once again back on the level

Transpires final price lists only got issued this week so pretty much everyone was guestimating up until now - would have been nice to know that!

So now I have a good price list, rates are in line and more importantly I have someone that is knowledgeable about the yacht and the options...oh happy days! I have verified with European dealer as well....could be close now.
__________________

__________________
Owen
owenrms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2015, 22:32   #33
Registered User

Join Date: Mar 2009
Boat: Lagoon 450, Jeanneau 479, & Jeanneau 409
Posts: 174
Re: Frustration getting a straight answer on pricing

Owen,

Glad you found your answers. My wife and I love our 450! The 450S looks like it will be a great boat for those who don't love the fly-bridge.


Lucky Larry
__________________
Lucky Larry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2015, 23:43   #34
Registered User
 
rajsach's Avatar

Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 145
Re: Frustration getting a straight answer on pricing

Owenrms
I got those USD prices 3 days ago. Did you get a price list that differed from what I posted? If you did that's a little disturbing.


Sent from my iPhone using Cruisers Sailing Forum
__________________
rajsach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2015, 08:07   #35
Eternal Member
 
monte's Avatar

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Australia
Boat: Lagoon 400
Posts: 3,650
Images: 1
Re: Frustration getting a straight answer on pricing

Owen, someone mentioned the non flybridge was 40K cheaper than the standard L450. I haven't checked priced lately but does this sound correct?
__________________
monte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2015, 09:03   #36
Registered User

Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: St. Louis
Boat: 1983 oday 22'
Posts: 661
Re: Frustration getting a straight answer on pricing

Quote:
Originally Posted by owenrms View Post
Hi alansmith and all others that have responded.
I am pleased to say that I had a grown up conversation with a dealer today and life is once again back on the level

Transpires final price lists only got issued this week so pretty much everyone was guestimating up until now - would have been nice to know that!

So now I have a good price list, rates are in line and more importantly I have someone that is knowledgeable about the yacht and the options...oh happy days! I have verified with European dealer as well....could be close now.

Owen, did the rates drop from what I gave you? or are you basing that on the US prices I sent you? I think the US prices are grossly inflated. The base price is almost $100,000 more than the Helia, which is almost identical to this boat, and you get many more features standard.
__________________
scarlet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2015, 13:19   #37
Registered User

Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Nevada/Ft Lauderdale
Boat: Leopard 48
Posts: 50
Re: Frustration getting a straight answer on pricing

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajsach View Post
Owenrms
I got those USD prices 3 days ago. Did you get a price list that differed from what I posted? If you did that's a little disturbing.


Sent from my iPhone using Cruisers Sailing Forum
your prices were correct
__________________
Owen
owenrms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2015, 13:26   #38
Registered User

Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Nevada/Ft Lauderdale
Boat: Leopard 48
Posts: 50
Re: Frustration getting a straight answer on pricing

Quote:
Originally Posted by monte View Post
Owen, someone mentioned the non flybridge was 40K cheaper than the standard L450. I haven't checked priced lately but does this sound correct?
Based on what I have, the Sport is $18k cheaper than the standard 450. However the composite bimini is $13k on the Sport (which I think everyone will go for) so it adds back up pretty fast.
__________________
Owen
owenrms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2015, 20:44   #39
Registered User

Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Niagara Falls
Boat: Westsail 32
Posts: 346
Re: Frustration getting a straight answer on pricing

Since the US dealers quote in Euros, get in touch with a European dealer and get him to quote on boat and shipping (you have to pay shipping any way) in US dollars. I'd bet their service is much better and smoother (can't be worse) and their final price is lower.
__________________
Seymore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2015, 05:10   #40
Registered User
 
DavefromNZ's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: NZ
Boat: Lagoon 450
Posts: 389
Re: Frustration getting a straight answer on pricing

Ok, got to say it.... All of the L450 and L440 owners who have commented here over the years of course have the flybridge. And we love it. Have you considered this option?


Sent from my iPad using Cruisers Sailing Forum
__________________
DavefromNZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2015, 09:03   #41
Registered User

Join Date: Jun 2015
Posts: 12
Re: Frustration getting a straight answer on pricing

For what it's worth, here is the options list that I worked with from my dealer in EUR just a few months ago. I believe the prices have changed recently though.
__________________
Miss Daisy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2015, 09:05   #42
Registered User

Join Date: Jun 2015
Posts: 12
Re: Frustration getting a straight answer on pricing

Just need to figure out how to attach an xlsx file!....
__________________
Miss Daisy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2015, 09:08   #43
Registered User

Join Date: Jun 2015
Posts: 12
Re: Frustration getting a straight answer on pricing

Ok, .pdf easier!
Attached Files
File Type: pdf 450OPTIONS.pdf (62.0 KB, 192 views)
__________________
Miss Daisy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2015, 09:41   #44
Registered User

Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Nevada/Ft Lauderdale
Boat: Leopard 48
Posts: 50
Re: Frustration getting a straight answer on pricing

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavefromNZ View Post
Ok, got to say it.... All of the L450 and L440 owners who have commented here over the years of course have the flybridge. And we love it. Have you considered this option?


Sent from my iPad using Cruisers Sailing Forum
Hi Dave - we have loved the flybridge for charter vacations however for long distance cruising I do not like the idea of having to be up on the flybridge in lousy weather when my mate is down below. I think communication will be much easier and the helm position a little more "protected" in the sport edition. If they were still making the Leopard 46 I would have had one of those in a heartbeat (still my favourite yacht) and that has a similar helm position.
__________________
Owen
owenrms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2015, 09:55   #45
Registered User
 
REsCat's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Sarnia,Canada
Boat: Catana 471
Posts: 216
Re: Frustration getting a straight answer on pricing

Quote:
Originally Posted by owenrms View Post
Hi Dave - we have loved the flybridge for charter vacations however for long distance cruising I do not like the idea of having to be up on the flybridge in lousy weather when my mate is down below. I think communication will be much easier and the helm position a little more "protected" in the sport edition. If they were still making the Leopard 46 I would have had one of those in a heartbeat (still my favourite yacht) and that has a similar helm position.
I haven't read thru this thread but I am wondering why you don't get a good used, well equipped (or better still lightly equipped- imo) Leopard 46?
Is "Used" an absolute deal breaker?

Bob
__________________

__________________
REsCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Quilting frustration transmitterdan OpenCPN 4 04-03-2013 22:02
Halyard Frustration sneuman Construction, Maintenance & Refit 31 02-12-2010 21:50
teak handrail frustration shellback Construction, Maintenance & Refit 12 24-04-2007 08:20



Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:22.


Google+
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Social Knowledge Networks
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.

ShowCase vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.