Hi Jani. Thanks for posting such a detailed report of the set-up on your new Saba. Sounds great and I am sure you are really excited to finally take delivery
1. We have an extra 3 flexible solar panels
fitted in addition to the factory glass ones. Even though this gives great battery
life I would certainly recommend adding a generator
. Yes it is a bit noisy in the starboard aft cabin
when running but I can assure you from experience that when it is 36 degrees in Greece
and it is night, your crew/guests will beg you to run the aircon.
2. Please contact Lothar Weber of Wingaker directly if you are interested in a Wingaker. It is similar to the Parasailor brand but as I understand it the Wingaker is an improvement on the Parasailor design and his pricing is unbeatable. We can't wait to get ours.
3. Our starboard forepeak was already fitted out as a cabin
with heads and shower
so we are unable to kit that area out as a workroom which we had intended to do. However we have bought some fantastic storage
containers, which contain all our spares, we bought them from Ikea and they are stacked and labelled and stored in that area and it works very well.
4. Please could you explain more about your canoe boom or send a picture. I am not sure exactly what you mean.
5. Please feel free to follow us on Facebook Catamaran LadyRoslyn or www.ladyroslyn.com
where we will be sharing ports
in the Mediterranean
. We have just returned from 12 days in Venice and the Venetian lagoon
. I have written and submitted an article to multihulls-world magazine which tells all about this trip for others to follow and which we hope will be published.
6. We store Lady Roslyn in the water
at a marina in Northern Italy
are off and the boat is prepared for winter. In the spring we will haul her out for antifouling and zinc change at Marina Hannibal in Monfalcone. They have a lift
big enough to lift
Lady Roslyn from the water. The antifouling on Lady Roslyn is Jotun Supreme which is a hard self polishing antifouling. It has been on for over a year now and aside from some barnacles
has been very good. I hand cleaned one hull in June in Croatia
and then compared it to the other hull last week after 3 months and was very happy with the result. We also just tested a KeelCrab underwater hull cleaning
drone two weeks ago. I will shortly post a blog entry about this.
Looking forward to more information from you so others can get real information about this great boat. We love the spaciousness and great design of the Saba 50 as well as its solid sailing performance and real easy of handling with only 2 on board.
Sent from my SM-N920C using Cruisers Sailing Forum mobile app