Cruisers Forum

Join CruisersForum Today

Old 11-11-2007, 13:29   #31
Marine Service Provider

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: FastCat 445 Green Motion
Send a message via Skype™ to fastcat435
The complete range of FP are for sure not light or lightly build , they are strong enough for the purpose they mostly serve , used as charter cats. It is a misunderstanding that a heavy boat is stronger than a light built boat , what is a fact is that a heavy boat takes more of beating than a light weight boat.( a heavy boat therefore needs to be stronger)
It is possible to built a light boat that is strong or if you look at the volvo ocean 60 s
or racing cats or trimarans super strong.
A Fountaine Pajot is as good strengtwise as any of the high production boats like Lagoon , Catana , Privilege , Moorings , Voyage and most owners or charterers are very happy with them.

fastcat435 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-11-2007, 13:52   #32
Sponsoring Vendor

Community Sponsor

Boat: FP Athena 38' Poerava
For what it's worth. I bought my 95 Athena from the second owner which bought it out of Charter. I'd just about sail her anywhere as she came. I have now spent about a year outfitting her for a circumnavigation to fit my personal needs and am just about a month away from completion. Any boat that can take ten years of drunken college kids beating her and still float I want a look at. Oh, and the new chart plotter stays, along with the redundant GPS's. I'm more of an old spinich swillin crumudgin Popeye so I deal with the Mono guys at the bar.
Tellie is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: