Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 17-04-2019, 18:00   #61

Re: For the Aussies

Material Choices | Jeff explains composites
Bean Counter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-04-2019, 13:31   #62

Boat: FP Bahia 46’

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_S View Post
East coast.

Brisbane/Gold Coast is one stop and has a high concentration of boats. Sydney too I expect.

https://www.multihullcentral.com/contact-us/ Chris or Andrew in Brisbane (I would trust both of these guys and they would know of most boats available Aust wide), as well you could search boatsales.com.au and yachthub.com but with a bit more searching you can find many more. Often the same boat appears on several sites and often with various prices. I think the one with the higher price has poached the add from another site and is not in direct communication with the owner. So thorough searching is recommended.
Do try to stay away from the large so called dealers , you will only be disappointed by the lack of care and personal service , they act like used car salesmen which basically is what they are .
Having just purchased a 46’ sailing catamaran in Buddina which is across the river from Mallacoota, I would really recommend WWBB , check their website , it is a husband and wife operation and the experience that we had was very refreshing , Ant , the owner , guided us through the transaction , organised lift for the survey , Pham all the paper work with AMSA & SRO filled in and signed by the seller . Having purchased 5 boats over the past 17 yearsI can truly say that this was by far the best experience ever .
There are a lot of catamaran for sale on display around the Gold Coast City Marina precinct and the boat works , but the majority are old and tired and have not been maintained as in the majority of cases the owners came half way around the world with the vessel and then dumped it to be sold down under .
So remember, World Wide Boat Brokers , heck their website , make contact and see what you think
Cheers
Adonf46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-04-2019, 15:15   #63
Marine Service Provider

Boat: Multihulls - cats and Tris

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_S View Post
East coast.

Brisbane/Gold Coast is one stop and has a high concentration of boats. Sydney too I expect.

https://www.multihullcentral.com/contact-us/ Chris or Andrew in Brisbane (I would trust both of these guys and they would know of most boats available Aust wide), a
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adonf46 View Post

Do try to stay away from the large so called dealers , you will only be disappointed by the lack of care and personal service , they act like used car salesmen which basically is what they are .
So you know Chris & Andrew do you? Pretty sure neither is or has been a used car dealer. Rude of you to insult someone like that.
Factor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-04-2019, 21:47   #64

Hi there,
Correct me if I am wrong but you use to , or maybe still are a member of the team , so of course you would take their side , totally understandable, the fact is that on three occasions I have attempted to deal with this particular organisation, and unfortunately on three occasions I was bitterly disappointed , since when is calling someone a used car salesman an insult!? It is actually a figure of speech reflecting someone’s behaviour and actions even if they had never been employed to sell used car
So do lighten up and do accept non complimentary comments
Have a nice day now you hear
Old 21-04-2019, 23:02   #65

Quote:
Hi there,
It is actually a figure of speech reflecting someone’s behaviour and actions even if they had never been employed to sell used car
We understand exactly the point made.

I have had similar experiences'
Old 21-04-2019, 23:31   #66

Thank you , I am glad to see that I am not the only one who has had less than savoury experiences with boat brokers
Cheers
Old 22-04-2019, 13:32   #67

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seaslug Caravan View Post
We understand exactly the point made.

I have had similar experiences'
Tell us about it. What kind of boat did you buy?
44'cruisingcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-04-2019, 13:49   #68

Just bought a Bahia 46’ in Buddina through Ant Kovacevic of World Wide Boat Broker , now in Southport in the process of taking our new acquisition back home to Paynesville on the Gippsland lakes
Old 22-04-2019, 17:48   #69

Boat: Paper Tiger 14 foot, Gemini 105MC 34 foot Catamaran Hull no 825

I was in Paynesville on the weekend, Surprising just how many boats are moored there,
I was trying to find a Cat similar to mine fully rigged to show my new G/F as she hasnt seen mine as yet, Only Piccys of it,
I was quite surprised how cheap moorings are down there compared to Melb and surrounds,
But a 3 hour drive each way puts it basically out of the question to moor mine down there,
Then I have to find a long term car park as well,
Congrates on your new boat,
Mr B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-04-2019, 01:12   #70
Marine Service Provider

Boat: Multihulls - cats and Tris

Quote:
Originally Posted by 44'cruisingcat View Post
Yes, name names.
Factor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-04-2019, 01:19   #71

Boat: Fisher pilothouse sloop 32'

Quote:
Originally Posted by 44'cruisingcat View Post
Quote:
Just bought a Bahia 46’ in Buddina through Ant Kovacevic of World Wide Boat Broker , now in Southport in the process of taking our new acquisition back home to Paynesville on the Gippsland lakes
Hi Adfon46, I am guessing that the quote from crusingcat was directed at seaslug, a constant denigrator of catamarans.

Life is 10% the cards you are dealt, 90% how you play em
Uncle Bob is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 23-04-2019, 01:52   #72

Quote:
Originally Posted by Factor View Post
Yes, name names.
Well I did , it is a Fontaine Pajot Bahia 46’ you obviously did not read my reply to another member .
Good night
Do not be so grumpy , it is against the spirit and attitude of us “ true cruising sailors “
Old 23-04-2019, 02:07   #73

Quote:

Having just purchased a 46’ sailing catamaran in Buddina which is across the river from Mallacoota, I would really recommend WWBB , check their website , it is a husband and wife operation and the experience that we had was very refreshing , Ant , the owner , guided us through the transaction , organised lift for the survey , Pham all the paper work with AMSA & SRO filled in and signed by the seller . Having purchased 5 boats over the past 17 yearsI can truly say that this was by far the best experience ever .
There are a lot of catamaran for sale on display around the Gold Coast City Marina precinct and the boat works , but the majority are old and tired and have not been maintained as in the majority of cases the owners came half way around the world with the vessel and then dumped it to be sold down under .
So remember, World Wide Boat Brokers , heck their website , make contact and see what you think
Cheers
Where is Mallacoota?

Do you seriously think that owners that have come "half way around the world with the vessel" have neglected maintenance? Their lives depended on the boat being in top condition. I would far prefer such a boat than one that has sat neglected in a marina berth.
KeithB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-04-2019, 02:33   #74

Boat: Paper Tiger 14 foot, Gemini 105MC 34 foot Catamaran Hull no 825

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeithB View Post
Where is Mallacoota?

Do you seriously think that owners that have come "half way around the world with the vessel" have neglected maintenance? Their lives depended on the boat being in top condition. I would far prefer such a boat than one that has sat neglected in a marina berth.
I think he meant Malloolabar, or Maroochydore, Near Budina, Qld,

Mallacoota is in Victoria on the Gippsland lakes, over 1000 miles south of Qld,
Mr B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-04-2019, 04:13   #75

Boat: Volkscruiser

He meant Mooloolaba, Ant works out of Kawana waters marina complex. Ants a pretty good broker and never seems phased when I find issues with the boats he is selling.
KeithB I have surveyed plenty of very tired yachts that have some how carried there owners across the Pacific. And yes they do dump them here to be sold. There seemed to be a real glut a few years ago when the Aussie dollar was equal to the US dollar. Some of them were so structurally unsafe it made me wonder just how lucky some people can be.
Cheers
Fore and Aft is offline   Reply With Quote