Cruisers Forum

Join CruisersForum Today

Old 03-02-2015, 02:14   #31

Re: Flyin Hawaiian Breaking Up?

Quote:
Originally Posted by captain58sailin View Post
Well maybe HotRod can start posting here so we can all get a turn at ripping him up.
Well, his daughter (allegedly) did for a while. Never quite reached the giddy highs of the SA thread though...

Old 03-02-2015, 04:33   #32

I never saw this coming.

I laugh.

Anyway, this is going to leave a debris field that will be a danger for for other boats for decades to come.

Old 03-02-2015, 05:09   #33

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: 48 Wauquiez Pilot Saloon-C22 Chrysler Sunpiper- 19 Potter-Preparing to cruise w/my girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by minaret View Post
Yup, nobody died and the hulk is dealt with. A CG heli ride was probably much cheaper than disposing of that thing on the taxpayers dime. Fortunate no one died though. What a nutcase.
A truer statement was never made min.... Plus somebody is going to have field day fishing event of a lifetime if they run across it 1/2 submerged!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sand crab View Post
Start here.
65- by 32-foot catamaran 3200sqft of living space - Page 116 - Sailing Anarchy - Sailing Anarchy Forums

Get a jug of whiskey and a spittoon for your chaw and start at the beginning. No skipping ahead. There will be a test later.
HA HA!!!

Quote:
It just keeps getting weirder and weirder. Someone who says he/she was on the boat posted a comment on the CG page:

I was the first mate, the wood beams it was built from were faulty, they started to crack, we tryed everything we could to hold her together, we tied n chaned bothe sides together, but it did nit help , my wife the navigator is 7 months pregnant, the baby is ok too. We lost everything. The CG did a perfect job. THANK YOU ALL.

Coast Guard rescues 5 people from sinking sailing boat off the coast of Monterey | Coast Guard News

Then our buds at SA looked the person up. There is the KKK, Christianity, and hermaphrodite in the profile details about this person. I never thought these 3 words could be used together in describing oneself! I'm just posting a link to the page so don't shoot the messenger!!!!!

65- by 32-foot catamaran 3200sqft of living space - Page 117 - Sailing Anarchy - Sailing Anarchy Forums
"we tryed everything we could to hold her together, we tied n chaned bothe sides together, but it did nit help..."

Is this Gaelic??? Can a hermaphrodite get pregnant???
***scurries to google***

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobconnie View Post
Gosh I hope they took the Harley off the back deck !! would be heck to lose the best dink he will ever have !! LOL
HA HA!!!!
Good one bob!!!!

Mai Tai's fix everything...
HappyMdRSailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2015, 05:58   #34
Marine Service Provider

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Location: Under a boat, in a marina, in the San Francisco Bay

Quote:
Well maybe HotRod can start posting here so we can all get a turn at ripping him up.
I hope when you lose your home and possessions, that people are a little more compassionate.
Old 03-02-2015, 06:06   #35

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Location: Cowes (Winter), Baltic (Summer) (the boat!); somewhere in the air (me!)
Boat: Cutter-Rigged Moody 54
Quote:
Originally Posted by fstbttms View Post

I hope when you lose your home and possessions, that people are a little more compassionate.
Amen! This isn't Sailing Anarchy here.

Snide derision at the misfortunes of others, even self-inflicted misfortunes, is not nice. Admittedly hard to resist in this case, which attains new heights of surrealism with every passing day. I think there's a movie in it for sure.
Old 03-02-2015, 06:11   #36
Wayfaring Mariner

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Skookum 53'

I guess sarcasm doesn't translate well. I was referring to all the others that have met with misfortune and then some of the posters on this forum proceeded to opine of how they would have done things differently and how the person was less than, because they made a mistake. I thought that I had been here long enough and posted enough for you to have discerned my true nature. I have never made light of someone else's downfall. I would not wish the loss of someone's vessel for anyone.
Old 03-02-2015, 06:49   #37
Marine Service Provider

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Location: Under a boat, in a marina, in the San Francisco Bay

Quote:
I thought that I had been here long enough and posted enough for you to have discerned my true nature.
Right, 'cause of all the tens of thousands of posts on this forum, yours are the ones I remember.
Old 03-02-2015, 07:36   #38
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: a sailing boat

Glad to know the crew are fine. That was an odd boat indeed. Sort of like a stealth bomber ;-)

b.
Old 03-02-2015, 07:48   #39

Boat: 34' Crowther tri sold 16' Kayak now

A crappy vid of the rescue here. It doesn't show the boat but that may be the back porch roof floating on the surface.
DVIDS - Video - Coast Guard Rescues 5 People from Sinking Sail Boat off the Coast of Monterey
Old 03-02-2015, 08:15   #40

Boat: Makela,Ingrid38,Idora

He should have just taken that thing up the delta. Would have worked for years as a party barge. Don't know if they go for the KKK up the delta tho.
Old 03-02-2015, 09:07   #41

Boat: Valiant 40

Quote:
It just keeps getting weirder and weirder. Someone who says he/she was on the boat posted a comment on the CG page:
Then our buds at SA looked the person up. There is the KKK, Christianity, and hermaphrodite in the profile details about this person. I never thought these 3 words could be used together in describing oneself! I'm just posting a link to the page so don't shoot the messenger!!!!!

65- by 32-foot catamaran 3200sqft of living space - Page 117 - Sailing Anarchy - Sailing Anarchy Forums
Weirder and weirder is an understatement. It's vaulted into full-on bizarre at this point. Didn't think it could get anymore strange, and then it got 5x as strange, lol.
Old 03-02-2015, 09:13   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by fstbttms View Post
+100

It is easy from the outside to laugh at this tragic comedy. It would be truly funny if it was a movie that one knows is not real. But this unfortunately is a tragedy for the people involved.

There, but for the grace of God, go I...
Old 03-02-2015, 09:19   #43

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Location: Cowes (Winter), Baltic (Summer) (the boat!); somewhere in the air (me!)
Boat: Cutter-Rigged Moody 54

Quote:
I guess sarcasm doesn't translate well. I was referring to all the others that have met with misfortune and then some of the posters on this forum proceeded to opine of how they would have done things differently and how the person was less than, because they made a mistake. I thought that I had been here long enough and posted enough for you to have discerned my true nature. I have never made light of someone else's downfall. I would not wish the loss of someone's vessel for anyone.
We need a sarcasm emoticon, I guess!
Old 03-02-2015, 09:22   #44
Moderator Emeritus

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: research vessel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dockhead View Post
Amen! This isn't Sailing Anarchy here.

Snide derision at the misfortunes of others, even self-inflicted misfortunes, is not nice. Admittedly hard to resist in this case, which attains new heights of surrealism with every passing day. I think there's a movie in it for sure.

Life begins where land ends.
David M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2015, 09:27   #45
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: 46' custom cat

Quote:
Captian58,

Where's that 'tongue-in-cheek' smiley when you need it? I think most folks understood what you were trying to say. At least I did and I agree with you.

At this point this thread resembles a feeding frenzy where the victim has long since been torn to bits and digested and the sharks are now turning on themselves.

www.sailblogs.com/member/rumdoxy

Come to the dark side. We have cookies.
mikereed100 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
hawaii

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: