Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 20-12-2014, 03:18   #1

Boat: Lagoon 470
Family Sailing Trip

Hello we are a family of four wanting to sail for 18-24 months on a Lagoon 470 mid 2015. Wondering if there are many other sailing families out there with kids around the 8-13 age?
We are seeking expressions of interest from people around 40+ who might be interested in joining us for some sailing adventures.
Our dream is taking another family, couple or single, on board, similar to our own, who can help with housekeeping, light maths instruction and who ideally play either piano, guitar or another string instrument (cello/violin). Our kids are keen to learn martial arts so if you have the skills that would be a bonus! This is just a wish list not essential

We are not looking for a 'teacher' just someone who likes kids, gets on with people, is kind-hearted, non-competitive and wants to explore our amazing planet! We are clean living and adhere to a natural learning philosophy, we minimise the kids use of technology (and our own where possible!) in favour of doing real things and meeting real people. Looking for kids with similar values and a sense of calm. We bring our kids up to respect other people as well as themselves, and to be compassionate. Looking for a family who share a similar view. We try and tread lightly on the planet without going overboard! (Sorry I couldn't resist).
Are there any other families who share our outlook, who are keen for a fun adventure in the Med, Caribbean and crossing the South Pacific? Accommodation and food covered, further details to be negotiated depending on situation and finding a good fit for our family.
Light social drinkers and non-smokers essential. Sailing experience is not necessary but would be valued. Hope to hear from you if you think this sounds like you!
Quattro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-12-2014, 05:32   #2
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: (Cruiser Living On Dirt)
Re: Family Sailing Trip

Greetings and welcome aboard the CF, Quattro.

GordMay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-12-2014, 05:52   #3

Boat: Iroquois 30

Hi Quattro,

Well, I have to reply before I start my day - a Christmas cookie making party being hosted. We also are a family of four - two boys aged 7 and 13 - both play the guitar. My wife plays the piano and loves teaching math. She also teaches our kids Spanish and Italian. We are doing a charter sailing trip in the Abacos, Bahamas this July 2015 and I have experience sailing. It appears that there are a lot of similarities and shared philosophies between our families - certainly enough to start a conversation and see where it leads us. I will send you a private reply to share more info.

Rod and Christa
BigTraverse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-12-2014, 09:50   #4

Boat: Wildcat 35

Hi Quattro

I have replied privately to you regarding this.
DavidLGCrawford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-12-2014, 14:01   #5

Boat: Lagoon 470
Thanks for the wonderful replies!

To those families who have replied to our family sailing trip post thank you so very much!
We are touched by the responses and people sharing their stories with our family
It's encouraging to know there are many people out there who are not unlike ourselves in their thirst for adventure and wanting more out of life than what a career or work can offer. We're open to who joins us in terms of what they do for a living, whether it be the lay person or the highly qualified graduate, it doesn't matter. For us it's about being on the same page with values and outlook on life. One thing I forgot to mention is that we're not looking for an overtly religiously devout family of any persuasion to sail with
We have advertised in a few places and have had quite a response! Sorry we can't reply to everyone individually -it is Christmas Eve here in Australia! Merry Christmas to you all!
Quattro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2016, 19:08   #6

Hello Just wondering if you are still sailing around and looking for another family to crew?
If not do you know of any website where families do look to share sailing cost.

Thank you in advance.
Andrew
Andylivingfree is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
family, sail, sailing