Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 26-03-2012, 23:29   #31

Boat: Paper Tiger 14 foot, Gemini 105MC 34 foot Catamaran Hull no 825
Re: Current Status of My Gemini Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by malbert73 View Post
Errr, except for damage to the reef? Nothing a few more thousand years will fix....
I build for worst case scenario, I want to park on shelf rock in the Kimberlys, and leave it there, With out getting holes punched into it, From the protruding rocks,

Only an idiot would park on a Coral reef, Or for that matter, Drop an anchor on it,
I fully support the rangers keeping boats of the Reefs as well.
Irrespective of how long they take to regrow,
You just dont park on Coral Reefs, Or damage them in any way,

Do I really have to explain my few simple words in a 300 page essay, just so there is no misunderstandings, Because some one has taken my single word in a post wrongly,

I said I was going to BEEF up my Hulls on the Gemini,

That has been taken to the extreme, BEEF, Does not mean huge weights are going to be put in it,

Beef, = Strenght, Take that any way you want to,

The new stringers and hulls to be installed will weigh less than 10 KGS over the original total weight of the boat. and that is due to the weight of the timber going in.

When I get it back down here, I will go over it and make up my mind on which way to go on it,

It may not be timber, It may be Glass, Kevlar, Anodised Aluminium or Duralium, Stainless, The list is endless these days, And it is all readily available,

My access to people who are very proficient in building Cats out of Kevlar is very good, and they have been doing it for years,

No, I am not having a go at you, Just clarifying a point or two,

For others, if my spelling is wrong, Stiff, Hahahahahaha

Here's one for you lot to consider, My 40 foot steel Cat, If I ever get to finish it, Will be totally unsinkable, All 17 ton of it,

Cheers,
Brian,
Mr B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-03-2012, 13:59   #32

hi, i have lots of Kevlar and would like to build a catamaran with some of it.but i don't seam to find the in i need, the kevlar i have is the some as what the space shuttle was made from. it still has the address to space center Houston.so it will a great cat, i would think
akoutback1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-03-2012, 18:32   #33
cruiser

Boat: Catalac Catamaran

Quote:
Originally Posted by akoutback1 View Post
hi, i have lots of Kevlar and would like to build a catamaran with some of it.but i don't seam to find the in i need, the kevlar i have is the some as what the space shuttle was made from. it still has the address to space center Houston.so it will a great cat, i would think
Kevlar can not be faired (gets fuzzy), and is not all that great in compression. I'd buy a bit of glass cloth as well.
Tropic Cat is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
gemini