Cruisers Forum

Join CruisersForum Today

Old 28-11-2017, 16:38   #1

Boat: Robertsen & Caine Leopard 45
Cruise RO Watermaker Install on a Leopard

Has anyone installed a Cruise RO AC modular water maker on a Leopard 45 or 48? If so where did you end up installing the components?
rdomaleski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2018, 03:48   #2

Re: Cruise RO Watermaker Install on a Leopard

I installed one on our Lagoon 440, works great,
harvey hellman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2018, 05:32   #3

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Island Packet 38
Cruise RO Watermaker Install on a Leopard

Mine is not of course a Cat much less a Leopard but maybe this will help and if nothing else bump the thread.
However the where do you install the modules caused me much loss of sleep, and I spent at least a week, likely more on figuring out where the stuff goes.
However due to its modularity, itís easy to install where it actually takes up literally no storage space if you Plan it out well.
Only thing I will change is to move my prefilter modular to the bilge where spillage is a non issue.
One change that I did from the basic kit was to order the valve and cleaning module, for me on my install itís a great piece of kit cause I can do everything to start up and shut down the Watermaker from the panel location, without it you have to be able to access the pre filter module, plus it looks more professional to have it installed beside the main panel.
Not required, but I also installed a Hobbs meter, cause there is an oil change interval to keep up with on the HP pump.
My advice is once you get it, spend at least a week figuring out where you want it all as opposed to sacrificing a storage area and sticking it all there, if you scatter the pieces throughout the boat, itís very possible to lose almost no storage space.
One thing though is to remember the HP pump is quite loud, itís essentially a pressure washer pump, probably donít want it inside of the living space. I put mine where my generator is. I did have to order another piece of HP hose, luckily Rich keeps it in stock and can custom manufacture to your requirement too.

You can kind of sorta get an idea where you want to put stuff, but until you get it, itís not really going to gell I donít think, or at least where I ended up installing is not at all where I thought I would, but Iím quite pleased with the installation, and the kit. Also in the planning try to ensure if possible that leaks if any wonít ruin other components, there is a LOT of plumbing, and most of it is full of salt water, eventually something is going to leak, it WILL change your life Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0319.jpg
Views:	47
Size:	61.0 KB
ID:	163866
a64pilot is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
cruise, leopard, water, watermaker

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: