Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 08-08-2015, 21:52   #1

Command 10 backstay

need help to figure out the back stays configuration for a farrier command10 trimaran. Anyone?
Thank you
Marcojava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-08-2015, 11:36   #2

Boat: still looking for the right Tri
Re: Command 10 backstay

Hello, Marcojava. Maybe you can show a photo.... if you google, there was a Farrier Command 10 for sales, couple of years ago. The name is Trimaran "Aussie", which was owned by Jim (who is member of this forum, too).

There is a plan about the refitting of the rig Jim did for his Trimaran.... here:

I citiate Jim why he did it: "With swept back spreaders and reinforced swept back shrouds, the backstay has been removed and a new main with a moderate roach has been installed. Now, Aussie has a modern sail plan in keeping with Farriers more recent designs. Bending the mast for draft control is provided by the mainsail tension on the leech. Forestay tension is maintained by the swept back upper shrouds."

... and: "For added insurance, running backstays could be easily fitted. The chain plates and masthead attachment are already installed."

Do you have some pictures of your Trimaran ??? - I am very interested in this boat as I like the room concept of Astern cabin and standing hight under deck (I think its at least 1.85 metres).

Do you have some videos of your trimaran under sails, too ??? As this boat was not built very often, I didnt find any vids, so I have no idea about how this Cruising trimaran is moving in waves. :-)
Skip JayR is offline   Reply With Quote