Cruisers Forum
 


Join CruisersForum Today

Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 25-10-2014, 05:51   #1156
Registered User
 
Dulcesuenos's Avatar

Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Florida Keys, Bahamas Bound
Boat: 38' French Cat
Posts: 2,814
Images: 4
Re: Cheap Multis and Projects

I didn't know the older 42 lagoon was a sister ship to the solaris sunstar? Still could be a good deal, dont know much about em
http://m.yachtworld.com/mobile/listi...oat_id=2726614


Sent from my LG-LS980 using Cruisers Sailing Forum mobile app
__________________

__________________
Dulcesuenos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-10-2014, 06:15   #1157
Registered User
 
Sand crab's Avatar

Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Gig Harbor, WA
Boat: 34' Crowther tri
Posts: 3,151
Re: Cheap Multis and Projects

Quote:
Originally Posted by ejlindahl View Post
Looks like $33K got the 50' Contour. 100K+/- for refit and off you go in what looks like a pretty cool boat.
I also noticed that all sailing hardware seems to be missing, Winches, traveler, everything. It's a project for sure.
__________________

__________________
We don't need no stinking badges.
Sand crab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-10-2014, 20:56   #1158
Registered User

Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 201
Re: Cheap Multis and Projects

Wow, $33K for a 50' Contour is an INSANE deal even considering the cost of a new rig.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ejlindahl View Post
Looks like $33K got the 50' Contour. 100K+/- for refit and off you go in what looks like a pretty cool boat.
__________________
magentawave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-10-2014, 12:15   #1159
Registered User

Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 41
Re: Cheap Multis and Projects

Those redesigned crossbeams look strong enough to me . . .

Wharram Sail Catamaran Tanagora A Project Boat | eBay
__________________
Dogfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-10-2014, 13:41   #1160
Registered User

Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 474
Re: Cheap Multis and Projects

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogfish View Post
Those redesigned crossbeams look strong enough to me . . .

Wharram Sail Catamaran Tanagora A Project Boat | eBay

If I ever decide to build a boat, that is about the stage I would want to get it.

I would probably finish it differently than the typical plans call for though. I would reinforce the crossbeams with some metal to start.
__________________
SunDevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-10-2014, 14:40   #1161
So many boats, so little time.

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Santa Barbara, California, USA
Boat: FYC Club boats, 22 to 40.
Posts: 102
Images: 1
Re: Cheap Multis and Projects

Couple California Candidates from Latitude 38:
40-FT PIVER VICTRESS, 1981
Napa $10,000

Older Tri in need of new owner. Needs TLC but her bedroom tricks will amaze you (has five double bunks, aft cabin modified to spread over wings). Yanmar 3GM3F.
goo.gl/PTM3eH
(707) 653-5150
10/15/2014
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

37-FT SEARUNNER, 1973
Eureka $23,000

Cutter rig, radar, GPS, 3 Bruce anchors, electric windlass, autopilot, extra gear. Roller furling headsail, full batten mainsail.
Email
09/08/2014
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

And a Hawaii located
35-FT OPEN BRIDGEDECK CRUISING CATAMARAN, 1996
Nawiliwili Harbor, Kauai $20,000

Made passage from Seattle. Epoxy foam construction, 46' wing mast, single daggerboard, one Yamaha 9.9 outboard in central well, tiller steering, autopilot, EPIRB. Beams need work.
Email (206) 612-4623
10/10/2014
__________________
td0tz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-10-2014, 14:45   #1162
So many boats, so little time.

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Santa Barbara, California, USA
Boat: FYC Club boats, 22 to 40.
Posts: 102
Images: 1
Re: Cheap Multis and Projects

And for the real dreamers and schemers/technically really adept...
50-FT CONTOUR TRIMARAN, 2002
Point Loma, CA
Vessel was a prototype for an unmanned sailing project. It has one 40hp Yanmar 4JH3E engine with 3192 hours. Sailing system is currently not functional with its replaced X-2 hulls, X-2 wing sail and rigging, X-2 stub mast assembly. Vessel is composite fiberglass built in Canada. Vessel must be removed by water.
2002 Contour 50 Trimaran Sailboat - Government Liquidation
Email (602) 320-9769
10/13/2014
__________________
td0tz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-10-2014, 14:53   #1163
So many boats, so little time.

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Santa Barbara, California, USA
Boat: FYC Club boats, 22 to 40.
Posts: 102
Images: 1
Re: Cheap Multis and Projects

Someone said "not many multihulls in Calif.?"

Here are 2 Jim Browns that def meet the criteria for this thread:
This one is really nicely equipped for... $15,900?
For sale is my 1976 Jim Brown Searunner 31 A-frame cruising trimaran built by Tom Freeman in Santa Cruz.
This little multihull would make a perfect liveaboard cruiser or just a fun weekender.
Sleeps 4 and has a head and galley. I have owned this little beast for the past 2 years and
performed major refitting during that period . The previous owner had her bottom done few weeks before <more> 1976 Jim Brown Searunner 31 sailboat for sale in California
__________________
td0tz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-10-2014, 14:55   #1164
So many boats, so little time.

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Santa Barbara, California, USA
Boat: FYC Club boats, 22 to 40.
Posts: 102
Images: 1
Re: Cheap Multis and Projects

1975 Jim Brown Searunner 31 sailboat for sale in CaliforniaJim Brown Searunner 31 Trimaran.

This boat is in good shape. You can sail her away.
I'm asking $13,000 for her. <extensive listing here: 1975 Jim Brown Searunner 31 sailboat for sale in California
__________________
td0tz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-10-2014, 20:02   #1165
Registered User

Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 201
Re: Cheap Multis and Projects

That Contour listing ended three days ago and it sold for only $33,000 this time. Someone scored big time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by td0tz View Post
And for the real dreamers and schemers/technically really adept...
50-FT CONTOUR TRIMARAN, 2002
Point Loma, CA
Vessel was a prototype for an unmanned sailing project. It has one 40hp Yanmar 4JH3E engine with 3192 hours. Sailing system is currently not functional with its replaced X-2 hulls, X-2 wing sail and rigging, X-2 stub mast assembly. Vessel is composite fiberglass built in Canada. Vessel must be removed by water.
2002 Contour 50 Trimaran Sailboat - Government Liquidation
Email (602) 320-9769
10/13/2014
__________________
magentawave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-10-2014, 23:40   #1166
Registered User
 
Sand crab's Avatar

Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Gig Harbor, WA
Boat: 34' Crowther tri
Posts: 3,151
Re: Cheap Multis and Projects

Quote:
Originally Posted by td0tz View Post
Someone said "not many multihulls in Calif.?"

Here are 2 Jim Browns that def meet the criteria for this thread:
This one is really nicely equipped for... $15,900?
For sale is my 1976 Jim Brown Searunner 31 A-frame cruising trimaran built by Tom Freeman in Santa Cruz.
This little multihull would make a perfect liveaboard cruiser or just a fun weekender.
Sleeps 4 and has a head and galley. I have owned this little beast for the past 2 years and
performed major refitting during that period . The previous owner had her bottom done few weeks before <more> 1976 Jim Brown Searunner 31 sailboat for sale in California
You should put your ad in the CF boat classifieds Forum.
__________________
We don't need no stinking badges.
Sand crab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-10-2014, 06:21   #1167
smj
Registered User

Join Date: Nov 2007
Boat: Searunner 38 catamaran
Posts: 3,621
Maybe a fun project for someone.
http://miami.craigslist.org/pbc/boa/4727463719.html
__________________
smj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-10-2014, 07:00   #1168
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Pine Island, FL
Boat: Marine Trader 36 sedan
Posts: 90
Send a message via Skype™ to happyendings
Re: Cheap Multis and Projects

Does anyone know what happened to the sailboatlistings.com site? It's been down for almost a week now.
-Z
__________________
Sailing often into the sunset...
happyendings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-10-2014, 07:30   #1169
Registered User
 
snort's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Trunk (boot) of my car
Boat: Tinker Traveller...a dozen feet of bluewater awesomeness!
Posts: 1,029
Re: Cheap Multis and Projects

Quote:
Originally Posted by happyendings View Post
Does anyone know what happened to the sailboatlistings.com site? It's been down for almost a week now.
-Z
I go on that site every day and it's been working.
__________________
snort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-10-2014, 07:57   #1170
Registered User
 
Sand crab's Avatar

Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Gig Harbor, WA
Boat: 34' Crowther tri
Posts: 3,151
Re: Cheap Multis and Projects

SL is and always has been up for me.
__________________

__________________
We don't need no stinking badges.
Sand crab is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
cheap, paracelle

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off




Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 20:57.


Google+
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Social Knowledge Networks
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.

ShowCase vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.