Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 17-09-2012, 05:14   #1

Charter a cat in Greece with owner

Hi all!
I've been lurking and reading this forum for quite a while now. I am not sure what forum to post this thread, so I will try here in the multihull forum.

Next summer we (me, my wife and our two daughters, 11 and 13) would like to charter a cat in Greece. We would like to be on a boat where the owner is the captain (maybe a couple cruising?). Is there a charter company that offers this or where do I find such a captain or couple?

There are several reasons for us to do it this way:
In maybe ten years time (when the kids are "on there own") we would like to go cruising for a couple of years. I have sailed a lot of Hobie Cats when I was younger and now we have a Wharram Tiki 21. I have also sailed a 32 ft monohull for a couple of weeks, but we don't have the experience to bare boat charter. Our plan is to use to use the Tiki 21 to gain experience and buy bigger cats as we progress. In ten years we will (hopefully) have the experience, education/training and the boat. Charter with a cruising couple would give us valuable info on cruising in generall and pros and cons of different cat designs in particular.

Thanks,
/Kristian.
Tiki21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-09-2012, 05:32   #2

Boat: Privilege 435 Now Sold
Re: Charter a cat i Greece with owner

You'll have a better chance of finding what you want in the Caribbean than in the Med. Far more cats around in charter. I could have helped you with what you want anytime in the last ten years but sadly the boat will be sold or at least for sale next year.

Send me a personal message if you are interested in the Caribbean and I'll put you in touch with a couple of people.

https://sailingjeannius.blogspot.com
Jeannius is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
charter, Greece, greece