Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-06-2008, 00:27   #1

Catamaran's for ocean crusing and island sailing.

Which have room for large water and fuel capacity? Roller furling and 110 and 220 electric. Two freezers and nice frig. I see some monohuals with
lots of these things but which cats have them too.
I see boats like the Outbounder52 and Amel 53 and 54 that come with many standard items you need. Are all these things extras on the large Cats like the Lagoon 500?
Maybe I will have to go Monohull to get them?
videorov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2008, 01:22   #2

Boat: FP Tobago 35
My experience is that you can get whatever you want. What are you looking for, a new or used boat?

2 freezers will probably imply a generator. Why carry so much water? Use a watermaker.

Multis are more fun to sail when light. May I suggest you read some of the previous threads here and get a bit more of a feel for the differences between mono and multi sailing, then go try it out on a few charter vessels before deciding.

Regards

Alan
Nordic cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2008, 01:55   #3

Boat: Privilege 435 Now Sold
All the current Privilege range have what you ask for as standard... Big fridge and freezer, generator, watermaker, 110 or 220v electric, electric winches, roller furling (not main of course), owners or charter layout, full instrumentation pack with chart plotter. Yes they cost more than a standard cat but just about everything you need or want is included in the price except air conditioning which not everyone wants. Here's the builder's website... Alliaura... GROUPE ALLIAURA - Accueil

https://sailingjeannius.blogspot.com
Jeannius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2008, 04:38   #4

Boat: Leopard 46 Cat "Tulliana"
I totally agree with Nordic Cat and Mike above, the sky is the limit with what you can put on a cat. Space for toys is never normally an issue on a cat but be careful as weight is. The more you add the more it will affect performance.
In addition to Mike's list above you can also have icemakers, washer/dryers, cockpit wet bars, dive compressors and I've even seen a bath tub on a St Francis 50!
Regards
Adaero
Adaero is offline   Reply With Quote