Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > The Fleet > Multihull Sailboats
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-02-2014, 12:32   #16

Boat: 2011 Lagoon 450F
Re: Catamaran Sold Report Q3 2013

I'm actually really excited about this list!!!

I didn't really look too closely at the "sold price".. I mainly looked at the list price. So, I can't speak for the accuracy..

BUT, after so many months of looking at cats... and pricing... I had a completely skewed perception of what Cats cost... and what sizes were most popular... I am shocked to find that almost 2/3 of these are 42' and under.. and I'm even more shocked that the vast majority of these are at, or below an acceptable price (for our budget)...

What that tells me is:
1. I've probably been over-estimating the size we need... if so many people can get by on a smaller cat.. then just my husband and I should be able to as well...
2. I've also over-estimated the cost of living this kind of lifestye...

Thank you soo much for posting this!!
scarlet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 13:05   #17

Boat: Lightwave 45

I think you are starting to notice that boats depreciate significantly in the first few years, but do not forget that there is likely to be significant expenditure required on a boat that is even a few years old depending on its use. Sails, sheets, glass repairs, tramp, motors etc etc. This definitely has to be factored into the cost of living this kind of lifestyle.
cwjohm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 18:41   #18

Boat: Jeanneau 349 2015

Among all CF threads I've read, this one has to contain the best volley...awesome!
RKsailsolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2014, 07:16   #19

Boat: 34' Crowther tri sold 16' Kayak now

That Privilege 65 had set for years unused in Jamaica and had suffered water intrusion. Many of the systems didn't work. But it had a carbon mast and other really good equipment. She was really nice in her day and functional models are worth twice that or more.
That CSK 50 had been discussed in my Cheap Multis and Projects thread. It is a quite dated design but looked like an OK boat for the price.
The Privilege 48 was bizarre. It might have had a fire which melted the plastic widows so someone just fiber glassed over the entire salon. The interior was a wreck and looked like a disaster. It needed just about everything. It was in the Cheap thread, too.
Old 08-02-2014, 09:20   #20

Boat: 34' Crowther tri sold 16' Kayak now

FYI
The Privilege 65 suffered from water intrusion and neglect and many of the systems didn't work. It needed work just to move from the dock. It was loaded with everything. I think it is this one which is now in Florida. The names are similar, Amazing Grace and Just Amazing. If they get her fixed up then she will be amazing.
the catamaran company,lagoon catamaran,catamaran,catamarans.com,gemini gem,used lagoon catamaran for sale,caribbean crewed yacht,catamaran price list,

The CSK 50 was in my "Cheap" thread. It looked like an OK boat but a very dated design. I thought it was a good value.

The Privilege 48 was also in the "Cheap" thread. I think it had a fire which melted all the salon windows so they just glassed over everything and it looked really crappy. The inside was a disaster also. I think it happened south of the USA border somewhere but the intrepid crew still brought her all the way back to SF on her own bottom. Tough boat and tough crew.
Old 14-03-2014, 08:19   #21

Boat: Antares 44i

The Privilege yard in Les Sables D'Olonne has a nice 7-8 yr old 615 in the water and for sale now. We toured it this week. Other than possibly a little past leaking on the starboard front saloon window, which looks to have been repaired, the boat looks to be in great shape...and this despite having been chartered steadily in the Caribbean for years. We weren't looking for such a big boat, but if you are, this boat may be worth a look.
EllesBelles is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
catamaran