Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 16-06-2017, 09:00   #1

Catamaran chartering hassels

My wife and I are wanting to take a sailboat charter this summer and this time we are wanting to take our daughter (13 years old) and do some scuba diving. We are all PADI certified. Last time we did a cabin charter (just wife and myself) and it worked really good. Now, taking our daughter we can't do a cabin charter unless we book whole boat, policy is no children unless booking all available cabins. We are in Iowa and don't know anybody that would be interested in booking remaining cabins. Same applies to chartering a whole boat either crewed or bare boat with a hired captain. I do know a couple of "captains" in Virgin Islands and they so far haven't come up with anything. We pretty much need somebody to share a boat with us. We want a Cat because that is what we plan to buy in the future. Something else I have considered is combining the trip with a 1 week private sailing lessons on a cat. Our cost is always an issue but willing to pay a fair price depending on circumsatances. Anybody have any suggestions? If somebody is willing to share a boat we could converse via e mail or phone to test the water. I personally feel it "can" be better to share a boat with a complete but compatible stranger than to share one with friends or family that my not be as compatible. Open to ideas. Greg, IaAngus@netins.net
Iaangus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-06-2017, 06:39   #2

Boat: Bristol Channel Cutter 28' NERISSA
Re: Catamaran chartering hassels

Check out Pro Valor charters in BVI, cheapest charter boats I've found
805gregg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-06-2017, 06:56   #3

Boat: IT40 Motorsailer. 40'

Call Tim Albano at Above and Below Marine Services on St. Thomas. He's a Captain on a cat, certified PADI instructor, does dive charters just as you described, and has a teenaged daughter as well. He's also the TowBoat USA Captain on STT. https://m.facebook.com/tim.albano1?fref=nf
JstaRebel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-06-2017, 21:13   #4

Boat: 45 Leopard- Had a 42 Leopard- Sunk by Irma

Quote:
Originally Posted by JstaRebel View Post
Call Tim Albano at Above and Below Marine Services on St. Thomas. He's a Captain on a cat, certified PADI instructor, does dive charters just as you described, and has a teenaged daughter as well. He's also the TowBoat USA Captain on STT. https://m.facebook.com/tim.albano1?fref=nf
Funny, I just talked to Tim today re surveying a cat I just signed a contract for in USVI. He seems like a good dude!
LLizzard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-06-2017, 06:00   #5

Thanks for the suggestions, One of the charter Captains we know came through with a great deal for us. We'll be sharing the boat and thats fine with us.
Iaangus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2017, 08:14   #6

You can ask about Bartek from czarteruj.com/en or for example by his facebook

Best regards.
aerhardt is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
catamaran, charter