By coincidence I stumbeld over this forum and found some comments on our boat, so I thought I 'd try to answere some of the questions.
1. I stopped to count halfway trough, but I think we have used something like 15'000 man hours in the yard and almost 10'000 planing, organising etc. To us it's a pilotproject and the longtermplan is to build another one. We still love it...We estimate that construction time could be reduced by 25% and the planing and organisation time by almost 80%.
2. We started in 2002, so it took us 6 years, but we worked with other things during 2 years in between, so we did it in 4 years.
3. Me and my Wife have done about 75% of the hours by ourselves.
4. We have used Pro Filler as a part of a painting system by Hempel. It's lightweight and a bit elastic, so cracks are not a problem, we are very happy with it. She carries between 100 to 150 kilos of filler, which is quite a bit. We could have reduced that, if we had spend even more time on the metal work and if we had used more sophisticated forming machinery, but we thought it wasn't really worth it.
5. She weighs 10'400 kg empty.
6. A broker adviced us to put her up for sale
for that price
(before the economic crisis
). She is still for sale
but to a more moderate price
. But we are not in a hurry and are looking forward to a season in the eastern Med.
7. We built the boat in Sweden. My wife is Swiss. A bit confusing...
Cheers and happy new year to everyone!