Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > The Fleet > Multihull Sailboats
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 30-03-2011, 18:57   #16
cruiser

Ouch!
That sucks.
Especially since the owner knew full well what he had on his hands....
Thefurys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-03-2011, 20:02   #17

Boat: Tinker Traveller...a dozen feet of bluewater awesomeness!
Re: Catalac Owners - Please Critique this 8m

Well, here are some tidbits from his reply that he sent to people who inquired:

Quote:
The boat is listed/priced under current market value for that boat and it is in good relative condition for a boat of that era. I must emphasize this is not a Central America boat dumping rush sale! So please no ridiculous offers or payment plans. We have had numerous flakes approach us and waste our valuable time and money over false promises and purchase plans so we are done with accommodating any special requests. It's a great boat just wish we had more time to use it
snort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-03-2011, 20:06   #18

Re: Catalac Owners - Please Critique this 8m

From the email I received:

Check out the photos & info. and email me if you've more questions. The boat is listed/priced under current market value for that boat and it is in good relative condition for a boat of that era. It is berthed in Panama City (Pacific ocean side) at a yacht club and it is a Panama registry vessel. It came through the canal sometime ago when it first arrived in Panama. I believe it is fairly priced but all reasonable offers will be considered. Title transfer would be accomplished via an endorsed & notarized Bill of Sale after verifications funds or a deposit in our Panama bank account. Purchaser would be responsible for title/registered owner name change & transfer leg-work at the Maritime Dept. there in Panama City. (We may recommend a local for assistance) We enjoy using the boat when we do it is just that we are not utilizing it much now with our busy schedule so it mostly goes unused. So after much discussion we decided to list it for sale. I must emphasize this is not a Central America boat dumping rush sale! So please no ridiculous offers or payment plans. We have had numerous flakes approach us and waste our valuable time and money over false promises and purchase plans so we are done with accommodating any special requests. Thus the need for this first inquiries note! It is a simple straight forward boat if someone determines they want to purchase it after looking it over it is a simple cash or deposit on delivery deal. We have strong ties to Panama and are members of a Yacht club there and wel have more time available sometime in the near future to use it again should we not sell it. The boat though would really be best served by having an occupancy owner or someone who can utilize to it's full potential for their enjoyment! It's a great boat just wish we had more time to use it. Hope this information is helpful. Please feel free to contact me with any further questions you may have.
70AMX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-03-2011, 00:20   #19
cruiser

Well I got the exact same message from him last June! When I arrived to panama the boat was in serious neglect and the workers told me he hadn't been seen for a year.
They also told me that I was the only one to look at it in six months.
I highly doubt he's been back there since I left, he only went out on it twice as far as I know once he " restored" it.
I'm pretty disappointed that he is still sending out the same crap, guess he's just been waiting for the right sucker to come along. Thank god it wasn't me in the end!
By the way I have the boat series number somewhere, it used to be owned by a Swiss couple I think I recall finding out back then....
Thefurys is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
catalac