Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > The Fleet > Multihull Sailboats
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 16-01-2015, 02:09   #166

Boat: Seawind 1200 TEC 3
Re: Cat Bridge Deck Clearances?

Alias
I had been working in China for a number of years and every time I came home for a break I looked for a Cat $250 to maybe $400 K.Was not really looking brand specific but could not find one that had the gear ,age I wanted and in good condition for what I thought was the right price.Always liked Seawinds but thought at the time overpriced.
I came across the Simpson when looking at boats for a friend I bought it on the spot because it was a boat in good condition and with the bits I wanted to get me back on the water for a lot less than I was intending to spend.
Came back from a 7 mth cruise in her withe the intention of spending a few dollars on her on and going again.Anyway back a week and I happened to look on Yachthub and there is the Seawind I am looking for what can I say I am impulsive sometimes
Did not want two boats but the Seawind was in great condition at the right money.
Anyway it has turned out pretty good as I believe I have sold the Simpson today to someone who is in the same position I was when I bought it and the boat is better than when I got it.
Chris
Mirage Gecko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-01-2015, 14:03   #167

Boat: DEHLER 39

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirage Gecko View Post
Alias
I had been working in China for a number of years and every time I came home for a break I looked for a Cat $250 to maybe $400 K.Was not really looking brand specific but could not find one that had the gear ,age I wanted and in good condition for what I thought was the right price.Always liked Seawinds but thought at the time overpriced.
I came across the Simpson when looking at boats for a friend I bought it on the spot because it was a boat in good condition and with the bits I wanted to get me back on the water for a lot less than I was intending to spend.
Came back from a 7 mth cruise in her withe the intention of spending a few dollars on her on and going again.Anyway back a week and I happened to look on Yachthub and there is the Seawind I am looking for what can I say I am impulsive sometimes
Did not want two boats but the Seawind was in great condition at the right money.
Anyway it has turned out pretty good as I believe I have sold the Simpson today to someone who is in the same position I was when I bought it and the boat is better than when I got it.
Chris
Curious...assume you must believe the Seawind is a better boat than the Simpson otherwise why do the change?

So, like to tell me why you like the Seawind and what you believe its got over the Simpson?

Cheers.
ALIAS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-01-2015, 14:20   #168

Boat: Seawind 1200 TEC 3

Alias
No sorry not interested in a boat comparison.Boats generally are not for life and the Seawind is my 12 th boat .I really am not that swayed by what others say when making choices in life so to me your questions here are only answered by opinions.
Lots of answers here to your questions but only you can choose in the end.It is no difference to the Holden,Ford ,Toyota what do I buy scenario.
You bought your current boat based on maybe some facts and opinions but in the end it was your call do the same if you are serious about a cat back your judgement and live with it or sell again if you prefer something else.
All the above again only an opinion.
Chris
Mirage Gecko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-2015, 00:42   #169

ENOUGH BRIDGE DECK CLEARANCE???

As I mentioned in an earlier post, the OZ Multihull championships are currently underway at my local club. This is the Cat called 'Kavala'.

Old 29-01-2015, 02:28   #170

Hi Guys... just spent a week in Queensland and had a chance to go and look at the Corsair 3600.

As it turned out it was at a marina yard at Coomera and to my surprise it was out of the water in the yard as well as there were at least another twenty cats and I was able to walk under the numerous cats to check out the bridge deck clearances and the Corsair had the 'worst' bridge deck clearance of the lot.

The Corsair had about 150mm clearance to the water where the box section ran between the hulls and there were also a number of other intrusions into the space between the hulls.

Below it had an interesting layout as to the location of the two heads/showers.

Overall the boat was in good condition but the bridge deck clearance certainly did not tick the boxes for me.

Overall the exercise did give me considerable insight.
Old 29-01-2015, 13:42   #171
D&D
Marine Service Provider

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: now skippering Syd Harbour charters

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALIAS View Post
Overall the exercise did give me considerable insight.
Good shopping ALIAS!

Make sure to also take the time to sail on as many 'candidates' as possible.
D&D is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
deck