Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-01-2014, 11:33   #1

Boat: 40' Leopard
Buying cats

I was wondering where the largest concentration of Cats are in Florida?
I plan on taking The month of Feb. off to go to various marinas and would really like to find a good cat 40-47 that is really for sale and not some jacked up inflated boat . Or a boat that has serious problems that the owner thinks will not be discovered in a survey.
It is so agravating to get a survey arranged and a trip scheduled only for the owner to say and by the way----
rancher44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2014, 11:40   #2

Boat: currently a power boat :(
Re: Buying cats

Fort Lauderdale. Also, as you probably know, the Miami boat show is coming up, Feb 13-17. New boats and equipment, but a lot of deals can be made for outfitting a boat you may find before the show.
Old 03-01-2014, 12:20   #3

Boat: 38/41 Fountains pajot

Might not be a bad idea to post on here what cats you are looking at and others may have input good bad or ugly,,,

We have found alot of cats are still on the market because they are either way overpriced, or very misrepresented. The ones that are not Sell very fast and you have maybe 2-3 weeks to jump on it befor esomeone else does. This is one of those cases where its never a bad idea to put an offer & deposit to hold a cat and if it fails your inspection for whatever reason you can back out get your deposit back. Of course theres an entire thread on that and Im sure some believe you shouldnt have to,,,,
Start contacting brokers now, have them send you info and set up viewings. But yes in your case Florida SE coast will have the most.
Dulcesuenos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2014, 12:51   #4

Boat: 40' Leopard

I am looking for the 40-47 leopard year 1999-2006 or boat of that quality . My price is 250K. I realize that if a boat is fairly priced that they are gone in 2-3 months. What I am running into is boats that have 6K plus on engines, old electronics, old sails, needs bottom paint and in some boats the bottom blistered to the point of 30-50K.
Would like a boat in US but the VI would not be a problem.
I have been in contact with owners that have boats that have been listed for more that a year . They think the market for sellers is great and they have over priced their boats accordingly. They are just waiting for some fool that would buy a boat with out a survey
rancher44 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
buying