Cruisers Forum
 


Join CruisersForum Today

Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 29-11-2011, 15:41   #1
Registered User
 
Sand crab's Avatar

Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Gig Harbor, WA
Boat: 34' Crowther tri sold 16' Kayak now
Posts: 3,157
Boat Porn = Gunboat 62 'Safari' (for Sale)

Some of these threads get a little tiring and you know what I'm talking about so I thought I'd post this about our favorite dream machine.
This is the former Safari now called Cucu Belle of the famous Wipeout video on Youtube. At only $2.25 mil it's a steal. Website needs more pics though. It was for sale through Gunboats brokerage then dropped and is now listed today By The Cat Company. BOB
Catamarans for sale
__________________

__________________
Sand crab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-11-2011, 15:45   #2
Registered User
 
Johnathon123's Avatar

Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Northern NSW Australia
Boat: Maurice Griffiths 40
Posts: 737
Re: Boat Porn=Gunboat 62 "Safari" for sale

Drool drool drool
__________________

__________________
James

"I get knocked down but I get up again" eventually.
Johnathon123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-11-2011, 15:56   #3
Registered User
 
Sand crab's Avatar

Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Gig Harbor, WA
Boat: 34' Crowther tri sold 16' Kayak now
Posts: 3,157
Re: Boat Porn=Gunboat 62 "Safari" for sale

Here's the video again. There are others on Youtube with this boat.
__________________
Sand crab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-11-2011, 01:48   #4
Sos
Registered User

Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: UK
Boat: Woods Flica catamaran
Posts: 160
Re: Boat Porn = Gunboat 62 'Safari' (for Sale)

Am I the only person that doesn't like the Gunboats? I saw one alongside last year and whilst it was good to see the design concept and they certainly sail well, I thought it wasn't the most comfortable or pleasing to the eye design! Each to their own but they do seem to be the holy grail to most people
__________________
Sos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-11-2011, 02:36   #5
Registered User
 
Katiusha's Avatar

Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 800
Re: Boat Porn = Gunboat 62 'Safari' (for Sale)

Not as fast as in the youtube video, but Phaedo, Gunboat 66, has been among the first (4th in ranking due to a high handicap) together with a Melbourn and Whitbread Maxi pretty much from the start: World Cruising Club Arc fleet viewer
__________________
Katiusha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-11-2011, 11:17   #6
Registered User

Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Netherlands
Boat: No boat..yet.every now and then they let me be the winch monkey...
Posts: 174
Re: Boat Porn = Gunboat 62 'Safari' (for Sale)

They're offering a brand new one made in the USA;

2012 Morrelli & Melvin MM 62 Sail Boat For Sale - www.yachtworld.com

for sale through aeroyachts.I am a bit confused here,Lyman Morse say on their site they built "Male Conducta",yet Aeroyacht is building more boats at Westerly marine?
Morrelli & Melvin 65' Performance Catamaran


not Gunboats though but are these 2 US yards copying the "Chinese" gunboats?Both yards seem to have a lot of experience.

Cheers,
JJ
__________________
JJ77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-11-2011, 12:16   #7
Registered User
 
Sand crab's Avatar

Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Gig Harbor, WA
Boat: 34' Crowther tri sold 16' Kayak now
Posts: 3,157
Re: Boat Porn = Gunboat 62 'Safari' (for Sale)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ77 View Post
They're offering a brand new one made in the USA;

2012 Morrelli & Melvin MM 62 Sail Boat For Sale - www.yachtworld.com

for sale through aeroyachts.I am a bit confused here,Lyman Morse say on their site they built "Male Conducta",yet Aeroyacht is building more boats at Westerly marine?
Morrelli & Melvin 65' Performance Catamaran


not Gunboats though but are these 2 US yards copying the "Chinese" gunboats?Both yards seem to have a lot of experience.

Cheers,
JJ
The second boat is not a GB copy. Notice the helm position. Looks real fast, though.
__________________
Sand crab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-11-2011, 12:23   #8
Registered User
 
Sand crab's Avatar

Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Gig Harbor, WA
Boat: 34' Crowther tri sold 16' Kayak now
Posts: 3,157
Re: Boat Porn = Gunboat 62 'Safari' (for Sale)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sos View Post
Am I the only person that doesn't like the Gunboats? I saw one alongside last year and whilst it was good to see the design concept and they certainly sail well, I thought it wasn't the most comfortable or pleasing to the eye design! Each to their own but they do seem to be the holy grail to most people
Actually I beleive you are the only one that doesn't like Gunboat. What is wrong with you?
__________________
Sand crab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 04:54   #9
Registered User

Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 1
Re: Boat Porn = Gunboat 62 'Safari' (for Sale)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sand crab View Post
Some of these threads get a little tiring and you know what I'm talking about so I thought I'd post this about our favorite dream machine.
This is the former Safari now called Cucu Belle of the famous Wipeout video on Youtube. At only $2.25 mil it's a steal. Website needs more pics though. It was for sale through Gunboats brokerage then dropped and is now listed today By The Cat Company. BOB
Catamarans for sale


She is now for sale and in Australia after her South Pacific crossing. She is a steal after a huge refit. Her new and hardly used sails were shipped to Australia to preserve them. See Yachtworld.com for the listing
__________________
henrivan3000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 04:57   #10
Registered User

Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 280
Re: Boat Porn = Gunboat 62 'Safari' (for Sale)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sos View Post
Am I the only person that doesn't like the Gunboats? I saw one alongside last year and whilst it was good to see the design concept and they certainly sail well, I thought it wasn't the most comfortable or pleasing to the eye design! Each to their own but they do seem to be the holy grail to most people
Sos, I was just like you... I thought if I were to pay that much, I would buy a humongous Sunreef, Lagoon or even a FP (Galathea 65). But then again, I discovered several things that made me fall in love with GB's :

1. Low boom - I just can't think of the horror of reducing the sails in a storm at 2 a.m. while dangling 7 feet from the flybridge

2. Speed - Let's face it, if it was not important, every car in the market would have 3 cylinder 1.1 liter engines.

3. Cabin space - I noticed that the owners cabin is still big and comfortable and having gigantic cabins for the guests mean only one thing, the annoying ones will stay longer!

4. Forward dual wheels - Say anything you want, staying inside and sipping your coffee on your watch during a cold rainy night worths a million alone!

5. Working cockpit - Again, never fearing a single second for your life while handling all the lines, come on, you've gotta love this...


Long story short, I know that every sailor will love their boats no matter what they are (just like marrying!!!) however, this doesn't make the ultra hot super model any less super or less hot...
__________________
MehmetCan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 03:00   #11
Sos
Registered User

Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: UK
Boat: Woods Flica catamaran
Posts: 160
Re: Boat Porn = Gunboat 62 'Safari' (for Sale)

MehmetCan,

I agree with all your points but then I wouldn't go for the FP, Sunreef or Lagoon anyway. I would prefer a Lerouge design. It's just that when the Gunboat arrived it certainly looked amazing but then walking alongside on the dock I got the feeling that it wasn't all that pretty and looked liked it needed a crew to sail it. It's not a problem since I will never be in a position to have one anyway
__________________
Sos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 03:14   #12
Registered User

Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 280
Re: Boat Porn = Gunboat 62 'Safari' (for Sale)

Sos,

I agree with you on the looks 100%! But then again, I used to like the old (80's) Saab 900 Turbos' design as well. Both of them can be described as "So ugly that it becomes original and unique!" O.k., maybe it's not ugly as an old Saab but definately as ugly as an old Countash...
__________________
MehmetCan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 03:23   #13
Registered User

Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Mackay,QLD, Australia
Boat: planning a approx 45ft cat
Posts: 3,651
Images: 3
Re: Boat Porn = Gunboat 62 'Safari' (for Sale)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sos View Post
MehmetCan,

I agree with all your points but then I wouldn't go for the FP, Sunreef or Lagoon anyway. I would prefer a Lerouge design. It's just that when the Gunboat arrived it certainly looked amazing but then walking alongside on the dock I got the feeling that it wasn't all that pretty and looked liked it needed a crew to sail it. It's not a problem since I will never be in a position to have one anyway
Hovever, Sos you cannot deny M & M build the fastest cats on the planet.
__________________
downunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 01:50   #14
Sos
Registered User

Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: UK
Boat: Woods Flica catamaran
Posts: 160
Re: Boat Porn = Gunboat 62 'Safari' (for Sale)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MehmetCan View Post
Sos,

I agree with you on the looks 100%! But then again, I used to like the old (80's) Saab 900 Turbos' design as well. Both of them can be described as "So ugly that it becomes original and unique!" O.k., maybe it's not ugly as an old Saab but definately as ugly as an old Countash...
I had one of those old Saab's and loved it Now have a Nissan Juke which is also considered ugly by some people!
Perhaps I should like the Gunboat more, going by my taste in cars
__________________
Sos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 03:46   #15
Registered User

Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 280
Re: Boat Porn = Gunboat 62 'Safari' (for Sale)

Sos;

Here's a simple test, if you find the following cars beautiful, then you don't have any excuse!

. Lamborghini Countach
. Ford Edsel
. Hummer H1
. Mercedes G Class
. Any Volvo or Saab!!!

__________________

__________________
MehmetCan is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
sale

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Girl Overboard ! TigerLilly Health, Safety & Related Gear 82 24-02-2016 23:07
To Buy or to Wait . . . GorMac Dollars & Cents 13 30-11-2015 10:09
Questions About Putting a Boat Into Charter . . . Rich_Maler Dollars & Cents 27 07-03-2012 20:29
Cairns to Perth Part 1 Bartlettsrise Sailor Logs & Cruising Plans 1 11-09-2011 00:38



Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:51.


Google+
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Social Knowledge Networks
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.

ShowCase vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.