Im planning on doing something similar very soon and had just assumed that Florida was the place to be in terms of fit out. Saint Martin sounds like a much more exotic place to be stuck doing the bits and bobs!
What is the down side to doing fit out in Saint Martin?
- Is there any import
duties or additional fees
for bringing items in?
- Is there any time limits to be aware of? (I plan to buy in Nov & go through the canal in Feb)
- Are there any other issues - eg. humpback spiders, climate,
- Is there more options in St Martin for cheaper 'housing' ie. anchoring
- What about general cost of living - groceries / cafes / etc
- Any pros or cons because we're not American? Speak pretty good Enlgand tho.
The viability of Saint Martin for this work comes as something of a revelation to me... quite an exciting prospect.