Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > The Fleet > Multihull Sailboats
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 15-05-2016, 16:09   #91

Re: Another rare 56' Aerorig cat (Hughes design) for sale

Dunno. Maybe need some photo's.

John McEnroe
44'cruisingcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-05-2016, 16:11   #92

Boat: Custom 36' folding sailing cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by 44'cruisingcat View Post
Dunno. Maybe need some photo's.

Can you sniff test it?

Sent from my iPad using Cruisers Sailing Forum
solarbri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-05-2016, 16:12   #93

Of course not. This is an INTERNET pricing exercise.

We have to judge entirely by photo's.

John McEnroe
Old 15-05-2016, 22:17   #94

Boat: Seawind 1000xl

Quote:
Originally Posted by smj View Post
If a boat sits on the market for 6 years without selling its either overpriced or undesirable. Having said that, it's still possible there maybe someone out there that would pay the price for her, but that person has yet to surface.

Sent from my iPad using Cruisers Sailing Forum
Before I bought my boat I looked at a few boats that were for sale in name only. I am sure the owner would not sell even for the asking price. While I agree the price for this boat is steep I am still not convinced the owner wants to sell it.

Especially at this price point folks who are buying and selling may not be using the same thought process as you and I do. There are lots of what I will call status items rich people buy paying prices I consider outrageous.

In an earlier post someone said they knew the owner and he was happy with the boat and enjoyed it. I suspect that alone would raise the asking price and the owner might not really care if the boat sells or not.
tomfl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-05-2016, 22:50   #95

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomfl View Post
Especially at this price point folks who are buying and selling may not be using the same thought process as you and I do. There are lots of what I will call status items rich people buy paying prices I consider outrageous.
Actually, this too
ranchero76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-05-2016, 11:39   #96

Boat: PT-11

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranchero76 View Post
I showed interesting and rare boat I've found to these who might be interested. And simply pointed that it's overpriced (and NOT ME, but market proofed that - 6 years on the market means it's NOWHERE close to fair market price). And this simple (and impossible to argue with) statement drove some board members crazy.
And let me ask you why you so worried that I've compared this boat with Lagoon? Is it something prohibited?
How do you know it was 6 years on the market? I find this highly unlikely. More likely it was on and then off again or on again by a different owner.

This thread seems to be turning against you. If I were you, I would cut my losses and give up and try to take a lesson from it. For all we know, you may never have owned a boat and probably never will do so. Most folks in your shoes tread a little lighter with those around here who have done it.
SVNeko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-05-2016, 13:12   #97

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVNeko View Post
For all we know, you may never have owned a boat and probably never will do so. Most folks in your shoes tread a little lighter with those around here who have done it.
LOL. Let say I never owned the boat WHat does it change? I can't discuss the price or features or boat market? What poor guy, who owned 10 boats, but all of them been cheap as car, knows about super cats and reasons why people pay 1M for boats? People only have knowledge about what they personally experienced. You're trying to say that purchasing the boat and boating itself is same thing, but they are two completely different things.
There are market rules, and they apply to anything - shoes, cars, houses, boats. And not sailing, but deep market research, analysis, monitoring might give an idea what is what. I'm only watching small segment, and I'm familiar with it. I'm not familiar with monohull market, or cheap boat market, or multi million dollar market.
And that's how I do ANY purchase - house, phone, laptop. I don't need to own 10 cheap laptops before I can buy good one. I simply can do research and pickup BEST for the money. Yes, I did mistakes when I was purchasing first house, because I was young and stupid enough to trust realtor. Most stupidest thing in the world - to trust dealers, brokers, but even more stupid to buy something without any clue what the current market is (and it constantly changes).
I showed samples of sales, comparison to other boats on the market with similar size/features, and you just trying to give me hard time by saying it's all wrong because I never owned the boat
Actually, there are many guys in this thread who proofed my points, some of them seen this cat in person, but I guess, they also not good enough for you
Anl last thing - if boat for 6 years "on and off" on the market - what does it change? There are no buyers at this price, sellers can keep it this way forever, but this just proof that price has nothing to do with fair market value.
Old 16-05-2016, 14:11   #98
Marine Service Provider

Boat: Multihulls - cats and Tris

I know nothing about furniture, but there is no way known that this chair is worth $5000.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Oculus Chair.jpg
Views:	98
Size:	54.0 KB
ID:	124474  
Factor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-05-2016, 14:12   #99
Marine Service Provider

Boat: Multihulls - cats and Tris

I will say it again in clearer terms, why do you care ranchero, what does it matter to you>
Factor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-05-2016, 14:26   #100

Quote:
Originally Posted by Factor View Post
I know nothing about furniture, but there is no way known that this chair is worth $5000.
You're right. I know nothing about furniture either, but I've bought lots of stuff and from looking at the picture I can say with absolute certainty that's worth $3.50 maximum.

I know this because I can buy a brand new Bunnings PRODUCTION folding chair for $7.00.

John McEnroe
Old 16-05-2016, 14:34   #101

Boat: 11meter Power catamaran

It seems quite clear Ranchero that you really want to purchase Lagoon and you want that validated.

Thats fair enough as you may need the demand and resale they command if you are purchasing a $500,000 cat.

Get yourself that Lagoon and be safe.
downunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-05-2016, 14:43   #102

Quote:
Originally Posted by Factor View Post
I will say it again in clearer terms, why do you care ranchero, what does it matter to you>
Does matter what? 3rd time I repeating this, you guys have really hard time to understanding simple words.

>>>>>>>>>In first post I showed rare and unusual cat, and simply pointed, that even though it's nice, it's clearly overpriced. <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

The rest of this thread - you're trying to give me sh*t for that simple point. Now, from my understanding, this forum made for discussion of boats and sailing, not for discussion of posters. You, not me started yelling on me without any real arguments.
Old 16-05-2016, 14:46   #103

Quote:
Originally Posted by downunder View Post
It seems quite clear Ranchero that you really want to purchase Lagoon and you want that validated.

Thats fair enough as you may need the demand and resale they command if you are purchasing a $500,000 cat.

Get yourself that Lagoon and be safe.
Thanks, but it seems you haven't read all the thread, as your suggestion not quite right But that's OK, most of this thread became joke anyway, with not-so-funny clowns.
Old 16-05-2016, 15:54   #104

Boat: CSY 44 Tall rig Sold!

I think no one in this forum mention already but its really expensiveeee!!!!
neilpride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-05-2016, 16:20   #105

Boat: 34' Crowther tri sold 16' Kayak now

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVNeko View Post
How do you know it was 6 years on the market? I find this highly unlikely. More likely it was on and then off again or on again by a different owner.
I remember that boat popping up regularly with a different broker each time I think. I don't know about 6 years but it's been advertised for at least 3 or 4.

Tags
for sale, Hughes, sale