Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 21-11-2011, 14:34   #16

Boat: Lagoon 380 S2 Owners
Re: Am I Ready for Bareboating with a 38' Cat ?

A small cat is no problem at all, and has many advantages. Very easy to manoeuvre. You don't need to go into Virgin Gorda Yacht harbour. That's why cats have a huge RIB in the davits, just anchor off and spend the money on beer! Last Jan I was sailing a Lagoon 380 round the north of Anguilla (perhaps my favourite Caribbean island) on passage to St Barts (where one feels a pauper in anything less than 60ft) and got a fixed net round a prop in pretty rough seas. Eventually cut it away so just sailed it back to St Martin, anchored under the other engine and cut the rope away at my leisure. Simple! Am now hooked and have bought my own Lagoon 380!
Meerkat10948 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-11-2011, 21:03   #17

" You don't need to go into Virgin Gorda Yacht harbour... just anchor off and spend the money on beer!"

I didn't think there were any overnight anchorages on the southern part of Virgin Gorda. Are there any options besides docking at the yacht harbor for that particular area? I didn't think you could just drop anchor anywhere you want (that's safe) for overnight??
jdr01930 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-11-2011, 06:33   #18

Boat: Privilege 435 Now Sold

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdr01930 View Post
" You don't need to go into Virgin Gorda Yacht harbour... just anchor off and spend the money on beer!"

I didn't think there were any overnight anchorages on the southern part of Virgin Gorda. Are there any options besides docking at the yacht harbor for that particular area? I didn't think you could just drop anchor anywhere you want (that's safe) for overnight??
There are half a dozen or so mooring balls right outside the entrance to VGYH and also space to anchor at least another 10 or so boats there. Only reason to actually go into VGYH is to fuel up. It is horribly hot and buggy in there so without air con it is not very pleasant.

https://sailingjeannius.blogspot.com
Jeannius is offline   Reply With Quote