Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 08-03-2010, 08:06   #1

Boat: Leopard 47 Power Cat
Unhappy 47 Power Cat from R&C

Good day all. I am posting this under the Sailing Catamaran heading as there is no Power Catamaran heading. I also think i will get more answers here. I have a 2008 Power Cat from Robertson and Caine and would like to know if there is anybody that has the same boat or know of anybody with the same boat.
We have major gel coat issue with this boat. If anybody else have had problems with their R&C cats regarding gel coat issues please let me know.

Thanks in advance
BloggerG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 13:27   #2

Boat: Maverick 400 Catamaran
Can you elaborate what you mean by Gelcoat issues? bubbling, crazing, fading?
paulrack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 13:34   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulrack View Post
Can you elaborate what you mean by Gelcoat issues? bubbling, crazing, fading?
Bubbling and Gel coat cracks. Even cracks appearing underneath the gel coat and with time the gel starts cracking.
Old 12-03-2010, 15:31   #4

We have a 2007 leopard 46 sail cat and i have found one small void in one of the transome step and small spider cracks in 2-3 locations. All areas on the topsides. No major hull issues except for terrible bottom pain job that lasted less than one yr and they refused to cover as a warranty issue
stacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 18:06   #5

Boat: Maine Cat 41
Stacy,

You should contact Rob on Changing Spots. He had a similar bottom paint prob that R&C did cover (after some back and forth).

Fair Winds,
Mike
YOGAO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 19:08   #6

thanks Yagao, we know Rob very well and his bottom paint problem sounded more severe than ours but regardless a bottom paint that only lasts one yr seems very deficient to us. We do not have a very high regard concerning R&C's customer relations. They dropped the boat we had ordered when taking it out of the factory and tried to tell us that it was an "act of God". Needless to say we are very skeptical of anything from R/C and their dealers.
stacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 08:03   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by stacy View Post
thanks Yagao, we know Rob very well and his bottom paint problem sounded more severe than ours but regardless a bottom paint that only lasts one yr seems very deficient to us. We do not have a very high regard concerning R&C's customer relations. They dropped the boat we had ordered when taking it out of the factory and tried to tell us that it was an "act of God". Needless to say we are very skeptical of anything from R/C and their dealers.
The bottom paint also did not last very long on this one either. If they don't want to even redo bottom paint what about other problems.
Old 03-05-2010, 20:06   #8

Yup my L46 has spider cracks on the top front edge of the saloon roof, top of the bows, and a bit when the tramp is attached where the anchor is. Also Yellowing around the helm and a spot on the top of the starboard hull. Hmmm am I in for more problems???
Is the boat 100 gelcoat? I wasn't 100% sure, but think so. Will start my work on the repairs this month.

B
Tropical Home is offline   Reply With Quote