Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 15-02-2019, 04:16   #16

Boat: 2017 Leopard 40
Re: 40 foot Catamaran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueSkyOne View Post
Hi kjbas, that Lucia 40 Lets Dance is a well loved boat and I think the current owners are moving up to new FP 42. I think they wanted around 400k EUR for it, and I had a quote from FP at Dusseldorf show last month for a mid spec new Lucia around 385k EUR which would obviously come with warranty. I guess that means people are paying 20-30k plus 3 years depreciation as premium for not waiting 18 months and don't care about warranties.
I can confirm that. We visited the Boot in Dusseldorf and got some very good offers for a brand new, well equipped Cat. The Leopard 40, owners version was around 390K, the Open 40 even below that. And that was without starting any negotiations. A Lagoon 40 you can get well below that range.
Old 15-02-2019, 10:33   #17

The Open 40 had great berth layouts in the hull, they have done a great job redesigning that and the windows in the hulls were awesome, however the compressed size of the saloon is the main deal breaker for us, I just can't see it being comfortable if you want to cruise for an extended period. The foredeck layout was and access all round the boat was nice as the shrouds did not get too much in the way if memory serves me correctly.

The leopard would be so well priced if it wasn't for the delivery cost from SA. I love how the galley is set forward and the completely unobstructed windows really open up that boat and would make stunning views while you are preparing dinner! The lack of nav station is an issue as the small area to the left of the galley doesn't look very comfortable. The table seating being adjacent to the cockpit seating/table is great and covered helm on the leopard is great design. Davit system is also pretty cool.

Looking forward to seeing the new Excess 12 as that is basically a modified lagoon 40 but with helms like the open 40 and an interesting cockpit cover that looks like the designers "borrowed" from Moody yachts, anyhow it is a great feature. The renderings on the excess make it look nice however I don't think they are completely accurate as they use the same interior shots on the 12 and 15, and if you look at the berth there is a large aft window (which I love) but when looking at the exterior there are no windows by the duel helms, so need to see how that pans out. Think both models will premiere bat Cannes in September. Also have no idea on pricing yet, they say they want that brand to appeal to younger crowd so here's hoping they price it for those who have not amassed a fortune but want to head of and explore - but I'm sure that won't be the case.
BlueSkyOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-02-2019, 11:49   #18

Hi BlueSkyOne there is an Open 40 for sale near us but the compressed saloon as you say was too small and we thought the cockpit was massive and not a fan of the helms positions. I also agree the nav station on the Leopard is ridiculously tiny. We unfortunately have the massive delivery fee on all of them if we buy new
kjbas123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-02-2019, 16:05   #19

Boat: 2017 Leopard 40

They offered me i can pick up the boat by myself in South Africa….
Old 15-02-2019, 17:43   #20

Oh dear that sounds ambitious
kjbas123 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
catamaran