Join CruisersForum Today

Old 22-12-2011, 16:36   #16

Boat: Catana 48S
Exclamation Re: $350,000 to spend owners version 41'45' what should I buy

Quote:
Originally Posted by deckofficer View Post

Outremer 50 Light

Picture worth 999 words.
Not too shabby interiors for a racer/cruiser, don't you think?
I was interested by this boat, looks really good and the asking price seems realistic. But if you come in relation with the broker who is selling her, beware of dogs !!
I planned a visit, among other boats in St Maarten, and after some visits my wife (and I as well !) were enthusiastic on another kind of boat, so it became obvious that visiting this Outremer was useless since I was sure I wouldn't buy it. When I e-mailed this to the broker, I received a furious and indeed insulting response, such I never encountered in the marine world (a rich world of hard tricks, though...). I am really happy I won't deal with these people !
So if you are interested in this boat, and it is surely worth the purchase, check that the broker has taken his pills or come armed to an appointment...!

Old 22-12-2011, 17:16   #17

Re: $350,000 to spend owners version 41'45' what should I buy

I received my ASA 114 on a LAGOON 380. Fun boat, very responsive and she is up for sale now by the charter company after under two years of service.
Contact me and I'll track down the for sale details.
Sailboat and Powerboat Charters - Bareboat and Crewed. Marina Del Rey, California

Mark

Old 22-12-2011, 17:16   #18

Boat: Lagoon 440

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirkdig View Post
A flybridge is great if you can get one,
I am biased but a Lagoon 440 if you could get one would be awesome, i mean do you really want to stink out the hulls cooking down there?
Agree there on the cooking comment it's also isolating the person cooking as well as passing food up and plates empty down, for the money a 410 would be possible?
Old 23-12-2011, 07:51   #19

Boat: Voyage 470 "SeaPaws II"

Look at Voyage 500's, we have an older 470 charter version that has extraordinary room. The beam is 27', they sell these boats as performance luxury cruising vessels. We have just bought a new 520(new model ) owners version. It is leaving Cape Town tomorrow for the BVI's, it is to be our retirement boat. We are using the 47 footer as our summer weekend home while we continue working the next four years. We have the 47 listed for sale on Yachtword but may pull it off the market for a year or two as we love the boat. In a year or two we probably would sell it for less than it is listed for now. Check out the new one here
VOYAGE yachts

The space in the salon is amazing on the 500's there is no change in the new 520 in the salon. The change is the opening of the back end of the cockpit giving a huge outside area for entertaining. My wife too wanted the owner's version and that is why we have made the deal. Check Yachtword for some 500's, they are great boats. If you think you may charter some , it would be a good choice. These boats are built with great care, they are not a rushed production boat. They have been in business for nearly 20 years and build a fine product.

Go have a look a one before you discount the model, everyone that comes aboard our 470 loves it. With the wide beam it is super stable and really roomy. We love the galley up for several reasons, all the cooks (three can work in the space) are in the party, I like being able to get to the galley quickly from the helm and it gives privacy below. Our first cat , a PDQ had a galley down. So go have a look at the Voyage's, you may be surprised.

Wishing all a SAFE New Year
Seaking

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: