Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > The Fleet > Multihull Sailboats
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-05-2008, 16:01   #1

Boat: hunter 30 allons'y
2006 Fortuna Island Spirit Catamaran

Look at this deal going on Ebay

I wish I was ready now!!!

USauctions.com - Item Description: #8135: 2006 40' Fortuna Island Spirit 401 Catamaran
ginosailling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2008, 18:43   #2

Boat: Still have the 33yo Jon boat. But now a CATAMARAN. Nice little 18' Bay Cat.
Too much work for me!
I can fix but would not want to rebuild.
I'll go back to the work I know now.
Therapy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2008, 10:35   #3
DAA

Fortuna island spirit catamarans are out of business

Fortuna island spirit catamarans are out of business, and Admiral Yachts has been working on purchasing the molds, therefore it would be impossible to get any support from the manufacturer in trying to restore this island spirit 401 on ebay, also getting parts, wiringdiagrams, and molded or made parts would be very hard. Also very IMPORTANT read the description where it states that bulkheads has been severly damaged if not destroyed, when fiberglass or laminate get heated up from a fire it gets very brittle and weak, the structual integrity of this boat is definately compromised.
DAA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2008, 12:35   #4
DAA

New price of 2006 Fortuna island spirit catamaran 401

Can someone please verify the new price of a 2006 Fortuna island spirit catamaran 401?? according to the website below it is $310,000 can this be correct?? Chasing the Catamaran Dream: New Catamaran Video's Cruising World Magazine
DAA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2008, 13:26   #5
Marine Service Provider

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: MaineCat Catamaran 41'
Send a message via Skype™ to TabbyCat
Quite a search...

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAA View Post
Can someone please verify the new price of a 2006 Fortuna island spirit catamaran 401?? according to the website below it is $310,000 can this be correct?? Chasing the Catamaran Dream: New Catamaran Video's Cruising World Magazine
Well it took some searching for me to find what you were referring to (no worries tho).

I am pretty certain that was an accurate price for 2006 when the manufacturer was still in business and desparately needing to sell a certain VOLUME of boats in order to stay afloat. As you have already pointed out they didn't make it.
Old 08-05-2008, 12:05   #6
Marine Service Provider

Boat: Island Spirit 401 Catamaran
Insurance & financing issues

Another issue is marine insurance. You won't get any on a salvage boat until it is repaired. In addition, if you can't get insurance, you can't get financing. The listing is a somewhat misleading in that sense because it has a tab for financing. Bidder beware for sure.
Ostinato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 19:24   #7

Boat: 1995 CATALINA 320 formerly Catamaran owner
Send a message via Skype™ to SurfNRG
Careful on eBay

Probably something you'd wanna have closely surveyed before spending the bucks. And something you'd wanna see in person yourself.

On another note, I got a call from two different people over a year ago that asked if my boat was for sale - which it wasn't. Ended up being that someone had constructed a fraudulent listing on eBay - selling my boat! It was freaky. The crook used photo's of the boat from an old listing off a legit brokers website from where I bought my boat. They almost got a couple people wiring 10% deposits down on the boat. I contacted eBay right away. They pulled the listing immediately. I heard it was someone from Romania trying to pull a scam. Although I'm sure there's some legit listings on eBay it's best to proceed with extreme caution. And check to see if it's documented.
SurfNRG is offline   Reply With Quote