Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-01-2010, 18:15   #46

If you read my post it wouldn't be hard to make a heater from the engine exaust manifold and an electric bidge pump, about $200 and $150 for the spa.

The 4 person tugtub is $3k http://tugtub.com/FNS_420%20Flat.html and then you have to blow it up and defate it, maybe the electric bilge pump idea through a engine heat exchanger that pumps water into the dingy would work. Hmmmm
Chipg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 18:18   #47

Don't worry TugTub, if it doesn't have the same features and benefits it's not competition!

Updated list so far:
Formosa 51
Swim Ladder
Hunter 50cc, Anacapa 42, Irwins 42 and up, Bayfield 36, Hunter 450, and some wise guy with the center cockpit full of water and bikinis.
Anacapa 42
Irwin 42's and up
Bayfield 36
Hunter 450
Many center cockpits

Hey, you never know who may come across this silly list and find it useful in their search for a vessel.

Fun Stuff, thanks,
Greg
Old 07-01-2010, 18:24   #48

I'm sorry Paul, I just realized you are tug tub. Your product does look nice and is much higher quality than the link and idea I posted.

Looks like yours is more for the yacht guys with more money and bigger boats.
Old 07-01-2010, 18:29   #49

Boat: Irwin 43
We tried extracting hot water from the output of a couple of volvo penta engines that I had in my power boat. I did about 5K in damage to the engines by taking too much water out.......aaaaaaaaaaaaargh.
TugTubPaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 18:33   #50

Quote:
Originally Posted by TugTubPaul View Post
We tried extracting hot water from the output of a couple of volvo penta engines that I had in my power boat. I did about 5K in damage to the engines by taking too much water out.......aaaaaaaaaaaaargh.
Ohh man, never do it that way, make some type of heat exchanger for the exaust manifold, copper tubbing wrapped around it and brazed onto it or something similar, there are a lot of DIY guys here that could probably tell you in 30 seconds what a good way to do it would be.
Old 07-01-2010, 18:36   #51

FYI the water that runs through the block will always be cooler than taking it off the exaust manifod.
Old 18-02-2010, 02:08   #52

Cool !!

Glad I fell on this thread. Adds one more possible boat choice in our list (Bayfield 36). Has the tub (been told didn't exist in this size) and 2 actual private cabins (that also didn't exist in this size).

For those interested in a hot tub, just google for "portable jacuzzi" and there's quite a few out there that could fit on the deck of many cats and a few monos. Had that idea long ago for a balcony and was talking about it with my better half just a few days ago as a possible luxury on our eventual choice.
Age gap 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-02-2010, 04:35   #53
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: (Cruiser Living On Dirt)
Here it is.
The ‘TUGTUB’ is a fully portable, lightweight, compact, floating hot tub designed with the space and power limitations of boats in mind. ‘TugTub’ uses water from the ocean, the lake, or your dockside hose. Takes only about an hour to fill and heat to 104 deg F.

Here ➥ Welcome to Tug Tub

GordMay is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 18-02-2010, 06:32   #54

Boat: 58 Taswell AS
Are teh tubs gimbled? The Discovery 55 allowed the cockpit to be converted into a hot tub. Don't remember if it had jacuzzi jets.
speciald@ocens. is offline   Reply With Quote