Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 18-11-2012, 13:10   #1

Boat: luger seabreeze
Where To Moor

Hi Everybody
I am new to this post.
currently I have a 17 foot trailer sailer and have cruised her extensivley on the gorgeous lakes we have here in British Columbia
I am starting to look at getting a bigger boat probably around 27-30 feet I am sorry if it is a thread well worn but would like some information as to what is the better option for moorage. Canada or USA. The boats I am looking at are in the states just over the boarder and the moorage looks very reasonable.
I live about 10 mins from the boarder and an easy drive down to Blaine, Anacortes and so on
Is there any purchase tax or property tax due on boats
just wondering what the legal and tax restrictions might be. Is there any limitations as to how long the boat can be moored there, do you have to pop into Canada every 3-6 months or are you free to enjoy the mooring year round. Just to be sure I am not intending to live on the boat. My home is in BC. I just want to use the moorings and typically sail the boat at weekends
So its just a down and dirty with the pros and cons to all you need to know about mooring in the states and Washington state is such a great place
thanks
Steve
sacliffe is offline   Reply With Quote