Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-05-2013, 18:09   #1

Boat: S2 9.2C
Where is Hull # on my S2 9.2c?

I need to trace the Hull ID number on my S2 9.2c 1979 model sailboat for the registration. I've looked all over the boat. I've searched the web. Where the heck is it?
pilotdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 03:43   #2

Boat: beneteau OC 352
Re: Where is Hull # on my S2 9.2c?

I thought they were always stamped on the outside of the hull on the starboard side in the aft up towards the toerail..
knot smart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 03:58   #3

Boat: Beneteau 461 47'
Between 1972 and 1984:

"
The boat manufacturer must display two identical hull identification numbers, no less than one-fourth of an inch high, on each boat hull. The primary HIN must be permanently affixed (so that it can be seen from outside the boat) to the starboard side of the transom within two inches of the top of the transom, gunwale, or hull/deck joint, whichever is lowest. On boats without transoms or on boats on which it would be impractical to the transom, the HIN must be affixed to the starboard outboard side of the hull, aft within one foot of the stern and within two inches of the top of hull side, gunwale, or hull/deck joint, whichever is lowest. The starboard outboard side of the hull aft is the preferred HIN location for many manufacturers. On catamarans and pontoon boats the HIN must be affixed on the aft crossbeam within one foot of the starboard hull attachment.
"

..after 1984:
"
Boats manufactured or imported on or after August 1, 1984, also have a duplicate secondary HIN affixed somewhere on an unexposed location inside the boat or beneath a fitting or item of hardware. The purpose is to help authorities identify your boat if a thief or vandals remove or damage the primary HIN on the transom. It is illegal for anyone (manufacturer, dealer, distributor, or owner) to alter or remove a HIN without the express written authorization of the Commandant, U.S. Coast Guard.
"

courtesy of boatsafe.com

Have you checked the history of your boat? why was the HIN apparently removed? if it was done lawfully then the CG should have a record of the request.
Old 07-05-2013, 04:15   #4

Boat: Beneteau 461 47'
Nice boat btw!

Only 156 built - the last one in '87..

Tags
hull