Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 12-01-2009, 08:41   #16

congrats a very nice boat. It's amazing how long propane lasts if you are only cooking with it. Have you considered the little aluminum bottle? I think they are 5 # bottles or something like that...
Cheechako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 19:42   #17

Wauquiez 38 MK1 - Propane

Have cruised offshore before with 2 X 10lb propane bottles and that lasts us about 6 - 8 weeks. I want the ability to cruise for 4 months without replenishing and the propane locker is simply not large enough to accomodate
tcgibb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-2009, 16:14   #18

hmmm... seems like my 10# lasted 5 weeks in the dead of winter in seattle. In the carribean I used the bbq a lot and the oven once in a blue moon. I did have one for the BBQ and One for the stove though.
Old 21-02-2009, 09:19   #19

Boat: wauquiez
WAUQUIEZ ( old models )

HELLO ,

My name is DAVID MERLOT , I am a french man , so excuse the language
I spent 40 years into the wauquiez yard, near LILLE north of France and Port GRIMAUD near SAINT TROPEZ . You can imagine I know very well all the models from CENTURION 32 , CHANCE , GLADIATOR, PRETORIAN, HOOD , AMPHITRITE , .. ) Now , I am retired , but I have contacts with Wauquiez owners , every where in the world . You could see the website : "CENTURION 32" or
Wauquiez Gladiateur or Chance 37 I can give advices , or other .. regards , david
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	san remo  italy.jpg
Views:	916
Size:	73.3 KB
ID:	7162  
david merlot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-2009, 21:20   #20

Just a little more after the thanks I sent - would love to connect directly so if you want to I can be contacted thru 'tcgibb@islandnet.com' - look forward to hearing from you - thanks. One question that comes to mind immediately is about the kind of self steering device have you heard works best on board a Mark 1?
tcgibb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 08:58   #21

Boat: Wauquiez Hood 38 "Blue Charm"
Wauquiez Hood 38 just purchased in Annapolis

Salut David,
I just bought a Wauquiez Hood 38 (hopefully closing mid May...). I am really excited, fell in love with the boat, lots of upgrades and updates. Can't wait to get used to her, and start heading South. Dream is to start sailing to the Carrabean, then sail to Med.
By the way, I am a Frenchman too...

Quote:
Originally Posted by david merlot View Post
HELLO ,

My name is DAVID MERLOT , I am a french man , so excuse the language
I spent 40 years into the wauquiez yard, near LILLE north of France and Port GRIMAUD near SAINT TROPEZ . You can imagine I know very well all the models from CENTURION 32 , CHANCE , GLADIATOR, PRETORIAN, HOOD , AMPHITRITE , .. ) Now , I am retired , but I have contacts with Wauquiez owners , every where in the world . You could see the website : "CENTURION 32" or
Wauquiez Gladiateur or Chance 37 I can give advices , or other .. regards , david
asongy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 09:52   #22

congratulations, David. That sounds like a dream. Jim
JimM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 18:03   #23

Boat: Wauquiez Hood 38 - Mayero
Send a message via AIM to NDSinBKK Send a message via Skype™ to NDSinBKK
Quote:
Originally Posted by asongy View Post
Salut David,
I just bought a Wauquiez Hood 38 (hopefully closing mid May...). I am really excited, fell in love with the boat, lots of upgrades and updates. Can't wait to get used to her, and start heading South. Dream is to start sailing to the Carrabean, then sail to Med.
By the way, I am a Frenchman too...
I note that a couple of you have just bought, or are buying, Hoods. I'm going to look at one on Saturday (Mark 1) at Langkawi, Malaysia. Curious to know how you are liking your new boats, and approximately what you paid for them - the Langkawi boat seems expensive relative to others, including MkIIs, on the market. You could PM me directly if preferred.

Tks. S.
NDSinBKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 08:18   #24

Boat: Wauquiez Hood 38, S/V Invictus
Congratulations on your purchase of Blue Charm. I have sailed with her, when I was on the Ches and got to see the boat at a Wauq rendervous on the Ches. Beautiful and nicely upgraded. She will keep you safe and secure, and very comfy.

7 yrs of ownership and still loving Invictus. 3 yrs of living aboard full time and cruising. Loving it and very comfy.

The vee berth is very comfortable. I had a custom foam mattress made when I bought the boat. Laminates of different densities and thicknesses. Wonderful luxury. I recently added a memory foam topper.....wow. Life is good...enjoy.

Best
John
s/v Invictus
Hood 38 MK II #150
Homeport: Annapolis
Old 08-05-2009, 08:31   #25

Yea, never owned one but have always liked that boat... actually all the older Wauquiez' are pretty nice.....
Old 11-05-2009, 09:22   #26

New Wauquiez Hood Owner

I flew to Malaysia this past weekend on what was intended to be a recon mission for a process that was going to spread out over months. I came home with a signed contract on an '82 Hood Mark 1 that has been meticulously reconditioned by a pair of cruising couples in Langkawi. For those of you using facebook, you can see a few pix at this web site:

Login | Facebook

Mayero was the 7th boat in two days (there was a gorgeous Nicholson 39 that was the front-runner when we dinghied out to the Wauq), and the fifth and final one on Saturday. I was so smitten with the boat that I almost made the owner an offer on the spot. Instead I waited ten minutes til' we were on land and I sketched out an offer - the broker was not too optimistic, but 45 minutes later, while I was watching the sun set over Rebak, I had the astonishing news that we were on. We had a great sea trial on Sunday with the owner, his wife, the broker, and my girlfriend and I. The wind was modest but sufficient, the boat was like a delicate aquatic train. So now we do the paperwork dance, and I try to stay focused on work...

Despite the fact that the only vessel I've sailed in the last 18 years was, of all things, about 5 hours at the wheel of the Weatherly, 1962 winner of the America's Cup, the Wauquiez felt extremely comfortable and confidence-inspiring. I can't wait to begin this adventure...

If any of you have specific links to suggest on this boat, I'll be appreciative. (Yup, I've discovered google already...).

Grinning ear to ear,

S.
Old 12-05-2009, 06:40   #27

Boat: Wauquiez Hood 38, S/V Invictus
Congratulations!

She will take you anywhere you want to go in comfort, safety and style. The more you sail, liveaboard and upgrade her, the more you will love and appreciate her quality and design.

Best
John
Old 20-05-2009, 05:40   #28

Is there a place on the web where I can find the identifying "logo" that goes on the sails for a Wauquiez? Once upon a time I had a hard copy of a chart that showed those symbols for all boat builders, but...well, that was once upon a time in a hard copy world...
Old 04-08-2009, 14:03   #29

Boat: Ranger 23
Send a message via ICQ to emagin Send a message via AIM to emagin Send a message via Yahoo to emagin Send a message via Skype™ to emagin
I found this site but alas, no Wauquiez logo!
Send it to the guy if you find it.
emagin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 08:21   #30

Boat: Ranger 23
Send a message via ICQ to emagin Send a message via AIM to emagin Send a message via Yahoo to emagin Send a message via Skype™ to emagin
Wauquiez Logo

Here's the Logo:
http://www.westerlyacht.com/yachts/wauquiez/logo.jpg
http://www.wauquiez.com/images/logo-wauquiez.gif

Problem is that this is the full name, not a symbol.
I have yet to see a photo/sail with a symbol on it
emagin is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
hood