Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > The Fleet > Monohull Sailboats
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-06-2012, 19:55   #1

Boat: Cal 2-27
trading a gun for a new anchor and boat! purchase and refit

title: "trading a gun for a new anchor!"

Just kidding. Wanted to find some way to make a gun and anchor thread at the same time!

I have been reading the forums here for a few years. Just posted a couple of weeks ago.

Got back from my BVI charter on a Beneteau 33 a couple of months ago. Found my broker to set the trip up through the forums. I used the search feature, so there is nobody in particular that I can thank for the information, but the group as a whole....Thank You. The cruise for 8 days was a dream.

Looking to build a cat in the near future, but picking up my new (new to me) boat tomorrow!!!! Can't wait.

I am buying a cal 27. Great shape and already started ordering things online for the refit of this particular boat.

Want to make sure the admiral is really comfortable on the boat so we have ordered already (so time is not wasted)

c head ...composting head

instant hot water heater...propane powered... 1.6 gpm SILVER LPG Gas Ventfree tankless gas water heater No flue required

Chesapeake bay cruising guide

currently working on finding interior and exterior cushions to put on order.

This week I will be going to west marine. They have a new boat registry 6% discount on top of the member discount for a newly registered boat. totaling 10 percent discount! Will be ordering
running rigging
MANSON BOSS ANCHOR (I heard it is the best anchor in the world)
tiller pilot
propane grill

many other little odds and ends too. Got a great deal on the boat, just want to do what I need to do to make it mine.

Thinking about ordering the Legr propane gas outboard, might order this season, but definately next season.
LEHR Propane-powered Outboard Marine Engine, 5HP, Long Shaft at West Marine

I will also be getting roller furling....going to get main furling too...
The Sailwarehouse

I wanted to share the links in case anyone else is looking for some of the same stuff.

Going to trade cash for title tomorrow morning. Can't wait! I'll keep everyone posted.

Sorry to dissapoint if anyone was looking for gun information
Old 10-06-2012, 20:49   #2

Boat: Pacific Seacraft a Crealock 34
Re: trading a gun for a new anchor and boat! purchase and refit

Hehe, good one. Well congrats. You've been back a couple months from the BVIs? I can still hear the sea and salt spray in your writing, if you know what I mean .

Cals are great boats, sailed a 29 across the gulf, sweet sailing boat!
Have fun on your great adventure!

Cheers
Ocean Girl
Old 10-06-2012, 20:52   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by boatsail View Post
title: "trading a gun for a new anchor!"

Just kidding. Wanted to find some way to make a gun and anchor thread at the same time!

I have been reading the forums here for a few years. Just posted a couple of weeks ago.

Got back from my BVI charter on a Beneteau 33 a couple of months ago. Found my broker to set the trip up through the forums. I used the search feature, so there is nobody in particular that I can thank for the information, but the group as a whole....Thank You. The cruise for 8 days was a dream.

Looking to build a cat in the near future, but picking up my new (new to me) boat tomorrow!!!! Can't wait.

I am buying a cal 27. Great shape and already started ordering things online for the refit of this particular boat.

Want to make sure the admiral is really comfortable on the boat so we have ordered already (so time is not wasted)

c head ...composting head

instant hot water heater...propane powered... 1.6 gpm SILVER LPG Gas Ventfree tankless gas water heater No flue required

Chesapeake bay cruising guide

currently working on finding interior and exterior cushions to put on order.

This week I will be going to west marine. They have a new boat registry 6% discount on top of the member discount for a newly registered boat. totaling 10 percent discount! Will be ordering
running rigging
MANSON BOSS ANCHOR (I heard it is the best anchor in the world)
tiller pilot
propane grill

many other little odds and ends too. Got a great deal on the boat, just want to do what I need to do to make it mine.

Thinking about ordering the Legr propane gas outboard, might order this season, but definately next season.
LEHR Propane-powered Outboard Marine Engine, 5HP, Long Shaft at West Marine

I will also be getting roller furling....going to get main furling too...
The Sailwarehouse

I wanted to share the links in case anyone else is looking for some of the same stuff.

Going to trade cash for title tomorrow morning. Can't wait! I'll keep everyone posted.

Sorry to dissapoint if anyone was looking for gun information
Don't forget that West will price match anyone, so you get the best Internet price, then a discount and then a rebate back with your membership. You can save A LOT of $$
xymotic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 03:01   #4

Set up a Port Supply account if you purchase from West Marine. It`s a deeper discount and it`s immediate. The member discount is like a store credit that is mailed to you. I have spent thousands of dollars at West Marine before they sent me a $25 credit.
ncarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 03:19   #5

I find West Marine to be expensive. Their price match policy is very limited. Most items are West Marine branded and are not price matched. Identical items are frequently much less expensive else where such as Defender or Hamilton Marine.
Rick01541 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 11:56   #6

Just paid for the boat this morning and registered it in too. Paid 3k for a great shape cal 2-27. I don't want to disclose the owners personal information without his permission, but he is a manager of a sailing club in Annapolis. Great guy. I got 2 mylar jibs a brand new spinnaker and a main. Main could use a little work, but should work for a season or 2. The other sails are better than I would have bought had I bought new sails.

Can't wait to get my liability ins and sail it to my home port of Baltimore later this week. Going to keep it somewhere downtown, Canton or Fells. Letting the admiral pick the marina based on amenities. I wanted the cheapest, but she wants one that will be more accommodating. I'm game for it. We did after all just get a boat and I feel like the happiest guy on the bay!

Instant hot water heater just shipped out this morning. I'll let you guys know how it works once i botch it...I mean hook it up.

Owner was really cool too. Said I could swing by and tie up there from time to time if there was room. Asked if I could bring the boat by and show him what improvements I am doing on to it.

What a dream!
Old 11-06-2012, 11:57   #7

forgot to add. I'm going to photo and video the process and put it on a website. Should be fun to make. A great project for the admiral and myself to show the work/love put into it.
Old 12-06-2012, 10:14   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ocean Girl View Post
Hehe, good one. Well congrats. You've been back a couple months from the BVIs? I can still hear the sea and salt spray in your writing, if you know what I mean .

Cals are great boats, sailed a 29 across the gulf, sweet sailing boat!
Have fun on your great adventure!

Cheers
Ocean Girl
Been back a couple of months to long! Salt in the voice is running low:-(

Tags
anchor, purchase, refit