Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-05-2010, 17:57   #1

Toerail Repair

I have a 1976 Lancer 28. Recently, as a result of some strong winds in the marina, a small section of the aluminum toerail on the starboard side was damaged. Actually, a section about a foot long was ripped from the deck and twisted like a piece of licorice. Fortunately, the rest of the toerail is ok. Given the age of the boat, I don't want to replace the whole toerail, if I can help it. I'm thinking of just cutting the damaged portion off and replacing it with another piece. Am I asking for leakage/rotting problems? What is the best way to seal up the gap between the old and new pieces? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Pirateprof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 19:32   #2

Boat: Stevens 47 Komaru
It depends on your toe rail manufacturer, if it is still made. Antal has a joiner for their system if you are lucky one of theirs may fit, look on page 153 of the attached catalog http://www.euromarinetrading.com/cat...al2009_ENG.pdf . Holt makes toe rail as does taco not sure if they have a joiner. If you bed the replacement rail properly you should not have a problem with leakage. Good luck. Jack
Stevens 47 is offline   Reply With Quote