Cruisers Forum

Join CruisersForum Today

Old 18-04-2014, 21:09   #106

Boat: O'day 27
Re: Thinking About Going to the Dark Side for a Girl.

Originally Posted by socaldmax View Post
I look at it differently. Women are like buses. If you don't like the seats on this one, another one will be along in about 15 or 30 minutes. Also like buses, they're always late.

The point is, if you like a monohull and this particular lady is a cat type of person, then one of you will have to compromise and be unhappy. Why does the guy always have to give in and be unhappy?

I've seen plenty of guys who say, "Happy wife, Happy Life." If she wants what you want, sure, that's fine, but if you spend your entire life making her happy and you never do anything you want to do, you'll be lying on your deathbed saying, "I sure regret spending my entire life doing what someone else wanted to do! I should have grown a pair and done what I wanted and found a woman who wanted to do exactly the same!"

Everybody who ever climbed Mt Everest did it because they wanted to, not because their wife gave them permission. If I had a dollar for every time one of my friends said, "Well, my wife/my kids/my dog ate my homework" in a high whiny voice I'd be cruising around in my Gunboat right now! Meanwhile, they'll still be mowing the lawn every Saturday and hauling all 3.5 obese kids to soccer every weekend in the Soccermommobile.

Buy the boat you want, there's bound to be a woman out there who likes the same kind of boat you do. Life is too short to worry about what someone else is going to let you do. Act like you got a pair!!

Wow, that was cathartic! I think I'm gonna grab a beer and see what other problems I can solve for the world!

Listen to this guy!
Wise words...

youngson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-04-2014, 21:34   #107

Boat: Freya 39 cutter- Terra Nova
Re: Thinking About Going to the Dark Side for a Girl.

sat--If you've found a good woman who loves you and wants to spend her life with you, open your heart beyond material stuff and any hard, fast rules. And go have an adventure you've planned, together.

1st rule of yachting: When a collision is unavoidable, aim for something cheap.
"whatever spare parts you bring, you'll never need"--goboatingnow
"Id rather drown than have computers take over my life."--d design
Terra Nova is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: