Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > The Fleet > Monohull Sailboats
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 17-02-2010, 08:22   #1

The Boat with the Most Bling?

Hello All,
I have been looking at boats, mostly just for fun as i am not thinking of buying for a few years. been to a few boat shows and have seen my share. Been on a few charter Bavarias. I am looking at the highest quality boat, but not in terms of boating , but comfort. the boat doesn't have to cross oceans or stand extreme weather conditions, nor does it even have to have the highest quality sailing material. for someone looking to sail say within aegaen 3-4 weeks a year, tries to avoid any tough weather condition but wants pure comfort what is the boat of choice. you know, high quality electronics and interior design, nice kitchen, all those materials that make sailing easier etc. looking at between 35-45 feet here as i think choices get even less for a boat like this. and with these extras how much you think that boat would cost me?
cheers
memch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-2010, 08:27   #2

Boat: Panda/Baba 40
My first guess would be to look at what the charter fleets use.
anotherT34C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-2010, 08:28   #3

Boat: Prout Snowgoose 37
The answer is "As much as you want to spend".

Be careful, however. Seaworthiness is critical in any boat that leaves the dock even once. Even if it looks nice heading out, the weather can turn on you in a moment, and take hours (sometimes days depending on where you are) of beating through horrible slop to get to a safe harbor.
Excalibur5 is offline   Reply With Quote