Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 29-03-2017, 10:01   #31

Re: Teleflex single lever control removal

You need to get back to basics:
-are there any wires coming from the lever mechanism? if not:
-Look at your engine. Are there any wires or solenoids on the fuel levers or in that area of the injection pump?
-are there any wires to or from the transmission?

What is the problem? The engine wont crank over? Are you sure it's the interlock?

Cheechako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-03-2017, 10:50   #32

Boat: 2000 Jeanneau, 45.2
Re: Teleflex single lever control removal

Pretty sure it is the NSSS. Recently been tricky to start the engine, turn key no crank and low oil pressure alarm sounds. With key turned to start and gentle push towards forward on the shift lever, engine fired right up. Now the gentle push seems to work only 10% of time where as 50 engine hours ago it used to work 80%. Got the engine started a while ago, so now I'll move to a slip somewhere nearby and work the issue. I did check for wires/position sensor at the clutch lever on tranny and the shifter at the helm ... no luck. I also checked the tranny on the side opposite the clutch lever in the thought there might be a through shaft to the opposite side linked to a position sensor ... no luck. I'll go look at the throttle mechanism on the engine. Beginning to wonder if (since French built) if any NSSS is installed. If not the problem might be the ignition key mechanism ... maybe I have to pull the instrument panel apart. I am going to call Yanmar in Chicago after they return from lunch and chat with tech support ... maybe they know something specific to French built 2000 Jeanneaus. Will keep all advised.
Jeanneau 45.2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
single, removal