Boat: 1974 Bristol 27
Re: Soggy decks

Just in case you are still looking:

1977 Bristol Classic 27' sailboat for sale in Rhode Island

thomm225 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-09-2013, 13:25   #32

Boat: Cheoy Lee 47 CC
Re: Soggy decks

If your limited in budget try looking for an auction or insurance boat but be really honest about what your capable of doing.
My current boat is the first vessel I've owned in 30 years that wasn't an auction or insurance boat, I've had a big learning curve but have also been on the water in boats I wouldn't otherwise have been able to afford.
Buyer beware when buying though, you'll see a lot of junk go by before you get a good one. Boatyard auctions are one avenue, but it depends on the yard, some hold auctions after the boat is 1 or 2 years behind for storage fees, others will put it off up to 5 years. You will really want to give any auction boats a really good going over before putting down money. I've seen boats sold that should have been scrapped but have also bought boats for a pittance that only needed cleaning and TLC sail, it's amazing how much some accumulated crud and layers of dirt will scare away potential buyers.
It takes patience but it's a possible answer to your problem. Call all the boat yards in your area, this is usually the time of year they're trying to make space for paying customers.

lifeofreilly57 is offline   Reply With Quote

deck, paracelle

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: