Cruisers Forum

Join CruisersForum Today

Old 08-05-2015, 08:04   #1
sitting on the dock of the bay

Send a message via Yahoo to gonesail
so i looked at a boat yesterday

the first thing i saw was a delaminated keel .. at the top and bottom edges there was a 1/8" crack several inches long. i thought this is not a good sign. but i continued my inspection. i stopped at the inspection hatch to the fuel tank below the sole. there was the aluminum tank that is now 24 years old. i reached my fingers around the bottom and there was diesel fuel .. not dripping but it was there. the hoses did not show any leaks. there was no fuel in the bilge area. am i correct to be concerned about a boat being represented to be in above excellent condition .. or is it just a roll of the dice with older boats?
sometimes the things that may or may not be true are the things a man needs to believe in the most.
gonesail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2015, 13:08   #2

Boat: Pearson Wanderer 30
Re: so i looked at a boat yesterday

It is not just a roll of the dice-both of those problems should have been noted and corrected by a caring and observant owner. What type of boat was this?
As eccentric as my boat.
Crazer is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On