Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 26-10-2014, 06:49   #1
Marine Service Provider

Boat: command yachtsdouglas32
Skipper 20

Anyone familiar with the Southern Sails Skipper 20 sailboat(1983?)? Any info would be appreciated regarding history,construction,performance..Its called a pocket cruiser but I wouldn't feel comfortable cruising around on the oceans in such a small boat with questionable light rigging and construction issues..That being said,its on a lake and will remain there for the near future unless someone wants to buy one of them...Yes I have two of them ,one with trailer one without..I do know that it has got to be one of the cutest little boats out there if you like the double ended Collen Archer life boat look! Thanks DVC
tropicalescape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 18:48   #2
Marine Service Provider

Boat: command yachtsdouglas32
Re: Skipper 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by tropicalescape View Post
Anyone familiar with the Southern Sails Skipper 20 sailboat(1983?)? Any info would be appreciated regarding history,construction,performance..Its called a pocket cruiser but I wouldn't feel comfortable cruising around on the oceans in such a small boat with questionable light rigging and construction issues..That being said,its on a lake and will remain there for the near future unless someone wants to buy one of them...Yes I have two of them ,one with trailer one without..I do know that it has got to be one of the cutest little boats out there if you like the double ended Collen Archer life boat look! Thanks DVC
No one is familiar with this design huh?
tropicalescape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-08-2015, 07:39   #3

Boat: Skipper 20
Re: Skipper 20

i have purchased a skipper 20 earlier this year. i dont see it as a trans atlantic vessel by far. im sailing it around the Maltese Islands on the mediterranean. its flexible to varying degrees with winds. It worries me with sea states. low freeboad combined with the outboard installation well aft. i had a dangerous ingress of sea water with an aft wind and sea. i need a solution to that.

Otherwise its a small boat which gives me the opportunity to sail single handed and stay at sea for long week ends.

I have a slight problem installing a pilot tiller which i find essential for solo sailing.
ingaa is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
skipper