Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 24-06-2018, 14:56   #1

Shipping a boat in state

I am sure this has been asked before but I can not find the answer to my specific question. I am curious how one would get a sailboat shipped from florida to my house in florida and have it unloaded on to jack stands at my house. I have a good idea about the shipping but no clue how one gets the boat offloaded. Would I need to hire a separate crane to come lift of shippers trailer or is that normally included by one of these companies. I also don't know of any companies. Sorry for my ignorance.
Rmlee0003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-06-2018, 16:00   #2

Re: Shipping a boat in state

Much depends upon the specifics of your boat, weight/size/how the boat is & needs to be blocked/mast up/down/etc. & locations; but in general, you will probably want to contract with a hauler that has an articulated hydraulic trailer, some times generically referred to as "Brownell rigs" as their articulated mechanisms usually permit lifting a boat of blocks & stands & resetting them on such. Inquire to your local sources. If you are not able to find a local source, I have had good experience with Certified Sales.
old frog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-06-2018, 08:17   #3

Re: Shipping a boat in state

Thank you, this is exactly the information I needed. Now I can more accurately decide what is possible and feasible.
Rmlee0003 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
boat, shipping