Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 12-02-2010, 16:36   #16

When I say First 30, I mean the "first" First 30. From the seventies...
Thanks for all the links again Tomorrow (or today) I'll have lots of pages to check with my mobile phone...
HitNruN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-2010, 09:06   #17

Boat: a sailing boat
Quote:
Originally Posted by HitNruN View Post
Barnakiel, I agree with you on She being more classy and pretty and actually more close to my price range, too. I have seen Albin Vegas for a very reasonable price and I've seen some internet sites where they say it's a very strong boat and fine for crossing oceans. Any opinions on Albin Vega?
There is one for sale at my dock (in Las Palmas - hahaha). I like them, but hate the cockpit volume and how exposed it is. A She is also exposed, but much less volume to poop, I think. I know both boats and can say a She is much faster and would be my preference - she will go in light winds. Albin is probably more of a cruising boat - a bit more volume inside and less likely to foul the prop if motoring across a fishing net.

You must see both of them and test sail then pick up what pleases you more and what is more in line with your sailing skills. But as said above, sailing-wise, a She would be my first pick, an Albin being a second-best.

You can look up the boat I have (26') at Norlinboats - type Allegro 27. Good boat, took us relatively safe around the world, but in the retrospective I should have gone for a slightly bigger boat.

b.
barnakiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-2010, 09:28   #18

Although I like the look of She 31 very much, I found an Albin Vega for a very good price. Broker says hull, deck, sails and engine is fine. Needs to be painted and cleaned inside. Any opinions on this one? I could slowly put it into condition and would have sailing experience for a few years...
Old 13-02-2010, 17:14   #19

Albin should be good for what you want to do. Just make sure you buy a good one as there are plenty around and you will be able to pick up a very clean/sound sample. Also Vega should be way below 15k, way below.

What do you think about an IF (a plastic Folkboat from say Marieholm)? They are very well priced, the supply is great, easy to find a good one, easy to sell off afterwards, easy to sail, many of them undertook what you want to do ... seem a good alternative, if you like the looks of a She at the price of an Albin!

b.
Old 14-02-2010, 07:06   #20

Just checked Marieholms. 26 and 32s and they are well over €20 k. Good looking boat though. The Vega I found is €4500. I might even have a few hundred off of the asking price. If there was a She 31 for twice that price, I'd be jumping on it
Old 14-02-2010, 14:23   #21

IF proper price vs. Marieholm 26 price

Quote:
Originally Posted by HitNruN View Post

Just checked Marieholms. 26 and 32s and they are well over €20 k.
Wrong.

Search for "IF" , not for "Marieholm 26".

Price range is 5-8k EUR. Good choice is at boat4you (=scanboat.com) and udkik.

Here links to what they are like:

www.udkik.dk - Yacht Database

1971 Marieholm IF Sail Boat For Sale - www.yachtworld.com

Hope this helps.

Cheers,
b.
Old 13-05-2010, 07:58   #22

Thanks to everyone for all the info and ideas. I found a very good Marieholm IF (thanks a million to Barnakiel) and bought it for a very reasonable price. Now just waiting to sail it home. I'd be very happy if anyone with experience with IF boats would share their ideas on them.