Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 26-09-2003, 09:40   #1

Seafarer Yachts

I am looking at a 1968 Seafarer 36-C that is loaded with all the equipment I need for offshore voyaging. However, I cannot find much info on this boat. Does anyone have knowledge of this make and model? It is a Rhodes design.
judgeharper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-09-2003, 11:27   #2

Judge... seafarer made a 36 footer, both the "C TM" and the "C KETCH" both designed by McCurdy & Bodie Rhodes, not Phil Rhodes, at least thats what I understand...Phil Rhodes designed these boat too, but in the Late 50's when the boats ( only three models, all under 10 meters) were being produced at the Amsterdam Shipyard. Sparkman Stevens, and Starling Burgess did some design work to...Probably some others I can't think of as well...As with many mid-sized boat companies, Seafarer ceased production in the mid-80's, there is no accurate guess as to how many were sold during the 20 years of production in the United States.Originally, in the 50's, Seafarer Fiberglass Yachts in Long Island was the US distributor for the "Swiftsure" and "Meridian", the Phil Rhodes designed boats.... In 1965, though, all production moved to a new plant in Huntington Long Island...They built boats from 8' up to 48 feet ...some factory finished some buyer finished...Quality of interior varies a great deal, as does general build quality...Thats about what I recall...There may be a thing or two mixed up, but I thought I'd share what I could remember...I had a Ranger, 29 footer and she was a good boat...factory finished and strong, sailed nicely... There is an article in, I believe last months Cruising World, about a 34 footer...

Good Luck...
days of sparkling waters, nights of falling stars

I've got seashells, I've got souvenirs, I've got songs I've penned
I've got phographs, I've got memories, but mostly I've got friends

See the Faithful...
www.geocities.com/bradleybarrett
bradbarrett is offline   Reply With Quote