Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > The Fleet > Monohull Sailboats
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 24-01-2016, 07:43   #1

Scandinavia Yacht 30 & 35

Good afternoon all

Have you ever heard of this brand ?
What do you think about it?
Any experience or heard about it, also about the smaller and faster/regatta style boat of this brand?

In theory new upcoming boatyard must build and develope the best boat possible to be able to match with most famous and known french boat...

I'm gettin really interested in the 30 and 35.

Take a look at the interior of the 35...They are great, i love the nordic style design, all bright, sunny, eccc

Scandinavia Yachts – Prestige / Comfort / Safety – Gallery

The 35 starts at 86k euro + vat, build in poland and designed in german. (like a cruiser 33, the same price, but i don't know if is stiffer/better) and still asking for the 30 ft one...

The 30 is also with swing keel version (not possible A CE certification, but only B certified, meaning is a vessel built to navigate on the offshore waters and can substain UP TO force 8 and waves UP TO 4 meters, 16 ft.)

While the 35 is A class meaning that can exceed this weather limitaion (for both there are no limit for the distance from the shore, only seas conditions are the limit)

As i would like to leave for a circumnavigation within 1-2 years, i guess the 35 is a must have...

About the 30 with lifting keel that draft only 3 feet, is it possible according to you to do not buy the dinghy and get near the shore (where allowed) saving weight and money like in croatia at evening there were 10 dinghy all together tied to a dock's T (i don't know how in english) in a very small island with only 3-4 docks and 30 boats at the anchor so at that time had would be impossible, even with lifting keel to go on shore (bottom of the beach with stones)

Thanks all
Stefano
stefano_ita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-01-2016, 08:18   #2

Re: Scandinavia Yacht 30 & 35

Quote:
As i would like to leave for a circumnavigation within 1-2 years
... where will you put solar?
... possible to add a bimini? (can not judge from the pictures)
... you will have to add a water maker
... where will you put the dinghy? (you will need one also with 3ft draft)

IMHO not a boat suited for a circumnavigation. If you want a boat for a circumnavigation buy a used one where the above mentioned 'problems' are solved.

My 2ct Euro :-)

Regards,

Carsten
CarstenWL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-01-2016, 08:46   #3

Boat: a sailing boat

If you want to circumnavigate (what? the Adriatic?) then a 35 plastic fantastic boat that is available only on computer renderings is truly your best choice. This is what they call an 'early adopter' or 'beta testers'.

Buyer beware.

Now seriously, look around, you will find hundreds of identical boats in any Adriatic marina. These at least EXIST.

Mind prices are often quoted LIGHT as all the nicer electronics, better sails, etc. are where the manufacturer of such boats makes most money.

I am not sure why someone will name boats build in Poland 'Scandinavia Yacht'. Jumping on someone else's bandwagon is apparently not seen as ethically ambiguous out there.

b.
barnakiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-01-2016, 09:17   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarstenWL View Post
... where will you put solar?
... possible to add a bimini? (can not judge from the pictures)
... you will have to add a water maker
... where will you put the dinghy? (you will need one also with 3ft draft)

IMHO not a boat suited for a circumnavigation. If you want a boat for a circumnavigation buy a used one where the above mentioned 'problems' are solved.

My 2ct Euro :-)

Regards,

Carsten
Add roll bar for solar panel and wind turbine, and under the same roll bar hang the dinghy...Sure its a quite good hard work...
The same roll barr for bimini-protection (like creating the main structure of stainless steel, like a box without wall) and ordinary plastic rubber transparent glass, foldable.

Yes watermaker will be add plus much more stuff like serious battery bank, eccc...
Old 24-01-2016, 09:27   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by barnakiel View Post
If you want to circumnavigate (what? the Adriatic?) then a 35 plastic fantastic boat that is available only on computer renderings is truly your best choice. This is what they call an 'early adopter' or 'beta testers'.

Buyer beware.

Now seriously, look around, you will find hundreds of identical boats in any Adriatic marina. These at least EXIST.

Mind prices are often quoted LIGHT as all the nicer electronics, better sails, etc. are where the manufacturer of such boats makes most money.

I am not sure why someone will name boats build in Poland 'Scandinavia Yacht'. Jumping on someone else's bandwagon is apparently not seen as ethically ambiguous out there.

b.
LOL you made me laught

Circumnavigating the world

Ok it has been presented in 2015, and no one see inside in reality...
The choise is because my gf and i loves the nordic style of the white interior

The 30 ft win the boat of the year in 2012...so at least is known LOL
Yes i get a pricelist and full fitted with everything is about 95k + vat.

I know what do you means...

What do you think generally about lifting keel in stead of the dinghy or is really necessary? or lifting keel and maybe a small kayak...maybe 2, like a foldable catamaran with very small outboard (maybe electric), very light and no need of hang it outboard at the stern...very stable and usefull to load with shopping bag, ecc
Old 24-01-2016, 15:35   #6

P.S.

Does someone knows brand of boat with a let's say a nordic style interior? Meaning all bright, white, sunny, ecc?

Thanks

Tags
yacht